Rack Recommendations.

Re: Rack Recommendations.

Postby jonathanb » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:10 pm

Dorian wrote: Does anyone have experience with those from a sound quality perspective?

The folks at The Cable Company should be able to help you. I've dealt with them a few times and found them very well informed.
Prime Signature #9 | 10" 3DR/VdH RG-8 | 10" 3DR/Transfiguration Proteus | 10" 3D/VAS Nova Mono | Aurorasound ViDA | Merrill Cara | Merrill Thor (x2) | Evolution Acoustics MicroOne | Morrow and Gryphon cables
jonathanb

Postby jmcox » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:53 am

I just completed a cross-country move myself and at that time I took the opportunity to upgrade my overall system in several ways - one of which was to improve my speaker stands and my audio component racks. I utilized "Audio Vibration Control" for both the speaker stands and the component racks. I worked with Dan Colnon there to do a customized set of both. I found the level of fit and finish to be excellent.

https://audiophilevibrationcontrol.com/ ... ent-racks/
VPI Avenger/Transfiguration Proteus, Miyajima Zero/Ring Clamp/SDS/EAR MC4SUT/Herron VTPH-2A/Primaluna Dialogue Premium pre/McIntosh MC40 mono blocks/Ampsandsound Cornscallas/Kimber Select all signal cables/Cullen Crossover II power, Furman Reference 15i
jmcox

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:22 pm

Thank you both for the advice. I will give Cable Co a call thanks JB.
VPI Prime | Ortofon A95 | Herron VTPH-2A | Luxman590axii Integrated | KEF Reference 1 | SOTA Condor & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 3000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Golear » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:17 pm

I'll save you the call.

They'll say it's an excellent product, and the next model(s) up the range are proportionately better.
Golear

Postby madrac » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Golear wrote:I'll save you the call.

They'll say it's an excellent product, and the next model(s) up the range are proportionately better.

LOL!
VPI Classic 1-Fatboy, VTA tower,periphery ring,PE Eagle & RR, HW16.5, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's SUT, Rogue RP5 & ST100, Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Rythmik E15HPx2, Audio Sensibility, Blue Jeans ICs, Symposium & Isoacoustics
madrac

Postby edw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:43 pm

Dorian wrote:Thanks for all the great recommendations guys! I am not going to build my own rack due to time, skill and equipment constraints. I will be making a purchase.

DIY doesn't have to be difficult. With 8020.net, you speak to an advisor, pick your 80/20 T-slot aluminum, give them your hand drawings/measurements, and they will cut your aluminum pieces for you to assemble. It is like legos for adults. Can be as complex or simple as you want it. I then purchased some off-the-shelf Boos maple blocks that I floated in the aluminum as platforms. Viola - instant audio component rack that is infinitely adjustable for component height, expandable as you go, and less than 1/2 the cost of commercial ones (at least back in the day). The T-slot aluminum already has channels if you want to add lead shot, etc.
Attachments
20210410_231359.jpg
20210410_231359.jpg (332.41 KiB) Viewed 246 times
edw

Postby edw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:51 pm

Golear wrote:I'll save you the call.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
edw

Previous

Return to General Audio