Schumann Resonance gizmo

Re: Schumann Resonance gizmo

Postby Golear » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:29 pm

I think its a 7.83 Hz signal generator, and that signal is mixed with the current that runs the LED. That's the only way it can consume so little power. Interesting idea. But who cares how it works....
Golear

Postby Stringreen » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Exactly.....I really don't understand how an amplifier can do its job, yet, I have a stereo amp that I gladly use almost every day.
Stringreen

Postby Golear » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:41 am

I stand corrected. I just saw some pics on Amazon. There is a signal generator, but this is connected to an antenna. So it's the antenna that is sending out the signal.

Looks very well made. I still think an LED output might be an interesting option though.
Golear

Postby tom collins » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:44 am

my wealthy friend has some sort of resonators on stands from Stein Music. as i said, he is wealthy, i am not. i wonder if its the same thing just dressed up? i did hear a difference.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring, weight, 12.0, 12.7, 3d arms, SDS, SRA platform; Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, SS Gold Denon, Grado ME+ carts; Cary PH302/2 phono; Coincident Frankenstein IIs and preamp; Devore 88 speakers; 2 Goldenear Supersubs.
tom collins

Postby Stringreen » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:07 pm

BRF....even my wife could hear the improvement.....she's not an audiophile at all
Stringreen

Postby Stringreen » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:10 pm

The things I got from Amazon are battery operated (charge from the computer or if you can charge from the wall if you have an adapter.....was about 25 dollars each with free returns. They seem to last at least 4 days on a charge
Stringreen

Postby tunerculin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:17 pm

I ordered a couple of these after I read about them on Agon. Previously I thought I had to spend a few hundred bucks and I figured it wasn't worth the gamble. For $35 a pop it's well worth the gamble, because they work for me.

I immediately noticed a lower noise floor with improved dynamics in the bass. It was just as amazing a putting the Sound-Smith Hyperion on the Fat Boy. The shimmer of the cymbals was even better than before. It seems like everything is more alive with a wider, taller and deeper sound stage.

I just turned them on. The original charge on one lasted a week and the other is still going 10 days later. When the battery died in one, I heard the difference. My room is a mere 11X12X8, so two are fine. I imagine a very large room will take several spread around.
tunerculin

Postby bhjazz » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:26 pm

This is so...hm. Not sure what to think. I don't doubt that there is a Schumann frequency, but just thinking about how this device could cause some peculiar phasing anomalies. And what if you buy two of these for your room, then what? Seems like the device should detect the actual frequency then just duplicate it in your room, yes? I dunno! But yes, with a price like that, no reason not to try it.
bhjazz

Postby Dizastical » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:03 pm

tunerculin wrote:I ordered a couple of these after I read about them on Agon. Previously I thought I had to spend a few hundred bucks and I figured it wasn't worth the gamble. For $35 a pop it's well worth the gamble, because they work for me.

I immediately noticed a lower noise floor with improved dynamics in the bass. It was just as amazing a putting the Sound-Smith Hyperion on the Fat Boy. The shimmer of the cymbals was even better than before. It seems like everything is more alive with a wider, taller and deeper sound stage.

I just turned them on. The original charge on one lasted a week and the other is still going 10 days later. When the battery died in one, I heard the difference. My room is a mere 11X12X8, so two are fine. I imagine a very large room will take several spread around.

Where did you place them in your room? How big is each unit?

Dave
VPI Prime Modded/ VAS NOVA Signature / Phoenix Eagle PSU / Phoenix RoadRunner Tach / Herron VTPH-2A / Musical Fidelity M6si / Furman Elite-15 PFi / Furutech Power Cords / Audio Sensibility Interconnects / Blue Jeans Cables / Martin Logan Motion 60XT
Dizastical

Postby Stringreen » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:45 pm

I have them on a window sill - about 3 1/2 feet off the floor and about 3 feet in front of the speaker cones on the outside of the 2 speakers. There might be a bit of sound change where you place them in the room, but in my room it makes little difference. It certainly does improve the scope of the soundstage and clarity for me.
Stringreen

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio