12” FatBoy vs 12” 3D Reference Arm comparison

Re: 12” FatBoy vs 12” 3D Reference Arm comparison

Postby Brf » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:46 pm

I’m not sure what’s going on with the Fatboy counterweight. My 12” Fatboy was shipped with just a standard c/w and was later replaced by the exact same c/w but with a provision to attach an additional add on plate. My counterweight looks to be bigger than the one you posted. I don’t need the added plate. On another thread, a new Fatboy owner confirmed that VPI now offers different c/w weights for the Fatboy and has abandoned the add on plate route.

Here is a picture of my Fatboy c/w
Attachments
B6F4FDD4-46C5-42B0-A989-96CDE9E29668.jpeg
B6F4FDD4-46C5-42B0-A989-96CDE9E29668.jpeg (1013.81 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Lewisranchmike » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:17 pm

thegage wrote:
Lewisranchmike wrote:Is There a "third" part to counterweight for additional needs?

Mike

Yes, when I asked for the upgraded counterweight (my original one didn't have the option to add plates) it was shipped with two plates. Perhaps they've changed things?

JohnK

Very Interesting
Avenger Reference MK1(Stillpoints Ultra 5), Fat Boy Unipivot, VAS Nova Gold, Stillpoints LPI, VPI Ring, Eagle PSU, Roadrunner Tach, Audio Sensibility interconnects, ARC Ref Phono 2SE, ARC Ref 5SE, McIntosh MC252, KimberKable 8TC, Vandersteen 3A Sig
Lewisranchmike

Postby Lewisranchmike » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:19 pm

Brf wrote:I’m not sure what’s going on with the Fatboy counterweight. My 12” Fatboy was shipped with just a standard c/w and was later replaced by the exact same c/w but with a provision to attach an additional add on plate. My counterweight looks to be bigger than the one you posted. I don’t need the added plate. On another thread, a new Fatboy owner confirmed that VPI now offers different c/w weights for the Fatboy and has abandoned the add on plate route.

Here is a picture of my Fatboy c/w

The plot thickens. I am very curious. Maybe we can get response from Mat or Harry

Mike
Avenger Reference MK1(Stillpoints Ultra 5), Fat Boy Unipivot, VAS Nova Gold, Stillpoints LPI, VPI Ring, Eagle PSU, Roadrunner Tach, Audio Sensibility interconnects, ARC Ref Phono 2SE, ARC Ref 5SE, McIntosh MC252, KimberKable 8TC, Vandersteen 3A Sig
Lewisranchmike

Previous

Return to General Audio