Anyone see the new Stillpoints LPI?

Re: Anyone see the new Stillpoints LPI?

Postby Flemke » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:01 pm

I bought the Sota Eclipse and a new bearing for my old VPI Classic.
Flemke

Postby Brf » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:15 pm

My dealer/friend has the v2 LPI and I was told not to bother with upgrading as the sonic improvement is slight at best. He told me that Stillpoints launched the v2 to phase out the short spindle version and go with one universal weight in an effort to reduce dealer inventory.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby tony22 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:39 am

Hmm, interesting, as I see that Stillpoints has also introduced V2 versions of their footers.
Pass XP-20 & XP-17, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger w/mods, 12" Fatboy gimbal + 2nd mount, Benz LPS, VAS & SS carts, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, Audience and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby Brf » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:19 pm

tony22 wrote:Hmm, interesting, as I see that Stillpoints has also introduced V2 versions of their footers.

I would assume that this is Stillpoints’ response to their marketing department :-)
Brf
Site Admin

Postby tony22 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:44 pm

:D
Pass XP-20 & XP-17, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger w/mods, 12" Fatboy gimbal + 2nd mount, Benz LPS, VAS & SS carts, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, Audience and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby jonathanb » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:00 pm

Brf wrote:
tony22 wrote:Hmm, interesting, as I see that Stillpoints has also introduced V2 versions of their footers.

I would assume that this is Stillpoints’ response to their marketing department :-)

They're big enough to have a marketing department???
Prime Signature #9 | 10" 3DR/VdH RG-8 | 10" 3DR/Transfiguration Proteus | 10" 3D/VAS Nova Mono | Aurorasound ViDA | Merrill Cara | Merrill Thor (x2) | Evolution Acoustics MicroOne | Morrow and Gryphon cables
jonathanb

Postby Jimwiro » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:30 pm

Flemke wrote:I bought the Sota Eclipse and a new bearing for my old VPI Classic.

Please update about sonic performance and is it easy DIY plug and play motor swap ?
Thanks
Classic 3 rosewood
Air Tight ATM-2, Air Tight ATC-2, Air tight ATE-2, Air tight ATH-1
Harbeth M30.1
Benz Gullwing SLR, Miyajima Kansui
Jimwiro

Postby Stringreen » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:35 pm

Try this for a big cost savings, and good results......put a dime on each side of the spindle on top of the record... before putting down the VPI weight....the dimes (2) should have the heads toward the spindle.
Stringreen

Postby Packgrog » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:14 pm

The dime trick DOES work, but can be bettered without going too nuts. More expensive than 20 cents, but better performance and less hassle, while also way less expensive than the Stillpoints: http://www.kosmic.us/Clamp%20Tweak%20Template.pdf

Stillpoints may be better than the above, but Gary Koh's gem tweak is excellent bang for the buck.
VPI Scout Jr., Audiomods Classic, Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena, RME Babyface Pro
Packgrog

Postby Zongo Chief » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:04 pm

Packgrog wrote:The dime trick DOES work, but can be bettered without going too nuts. More expensive than 20 cents, but better performance and less hassle, while also way less expensive than the Stillpoints: http://www.kosmic.us/Clamp%20Tweak%20Template.pdf

Stillpoints may be better than the above, but Gary Koh's gem tweak is excellent bang for the buck.

I second the 3-gem tweak. I was surprised by how large of a difference it made above and beyond even the dimes.
Zongo Chief

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio