SDS calibration not steady

Re: SDS calibration not steady

Postby sturgus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:17 am

How accurate is the I-phone app? You have to listen with your ears and not your eyes. :mrgreen: You say it sounds great and then you look at the strobe app and it's off and then you worry that something is wrong with your sound. Your suffering from the Audiophile's Malady ( Not Trusting Your Ears ). :P It happens to all of us on occasion. If your ear tells you something is not right then it's time to check it. If your ear say all is fine, relax and enjoy your system. 8-)
Aronov Amps-Musical Design Pre & Phono & Dac G.Slee Accession/Elevator
VPI HW-19 MK4/Lustre 801-Koetsu Rosewood Linn Lp12 Audiomods/Nagaoka 500
Merlin VSM speakers Dahlquist Subs/Musical Design D140 amp
Pioneer PD-75
sturgus

Postby Mr_Putty » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Clarke,
Sence you have an iPhone might like an app called Strobe Tachometer for iPhone, it’s in the App Store.
You can see it on the website, UsefulMobileApps.com. They have lots of example videos, I got the app to try to find the exact RPM of my Prime motor.
JTA
Mr_Putty

Postby clarke » Wed May 16, 2018 2:12 pm

thanks for the info
clarke

Postby Stringreen » Wed May 16, 2018 2:23 pm

I had a SuperPlatter/Rim Drive that was so badly out of round, the arm oscillated to its out of roundness. i got a Classic Platter to replace it......the sound was much better, the arm oscillation was gone. I understand that the SuperPlatter had "issues".
Stringreen

Postby tom collins » Wed May 16, 2018 6:20 pm

they stopped making it because it was expensive and very difficult to make. very few that i am aware of are out of round but it is known.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring + center weight, 12.0 arm, base and 12.7 armwand, SDS, SRA platform; Delos, Zu, Grado ME+ carts; Musical Surroundings Nova 2, custom SUT; Cary 30i prototype EL34 integrated amp; Devore Gibbon 8 speakers; PSB sub.
tom collins

Postby Brf » Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 am

tom collins wrote:they stopped making it because it was expensive and very difficult to make. very few that i am aware of are out of round but it is known.

Mine was perfectly round, never an issue with a rim drive.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby tom collins » Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm

mine is still perfect, but that was the official word i got from hw several years ago when they stopped making them.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring + center weight, 12.0 arm, base and 12.7 armwand, SDS, SRA platform; Delos, Zu, Grado ME+ carts; Musical Surroundings Nova 2, custom SUT; Cary 30i prototype EL34 integrated amp; Devore Gibbon 8 speakers; PSB sub.
tom collins

Previous

Return to Support Forum