Ordered a Prime Signature - dealer says there is a delay

Re: Ordered a Prime Signature - dealer says there is a delay

Postby leftside » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:58 pm

I tried to negotiate with a local seller for an HRX, but his price was ridiculous and he wasn't budging. The size was also a problem for my current setup, but I'm sure I'd have made it work somehow...
TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator GA, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 * 2 60th Anniv, Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-4
leftside

Postby mreeter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:53 pm

leftside wrote:I tried to negotiate with a local seller for an HRX, but his price was ridiculous and he wasn't budging. The size was also a problem for my current setup, but I'm sure I'd have made it work somehow...

I recently made a new TT Rack, I purposely made it 30" wide so it could accommodate an HRX with no problems :D

IMG_1940-2.jpg
IMG_1940-2.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 754 times
VPI Classic Signature SE
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
VAS Audio Citation II Monoblock Amps
Polk Audio SDA SRS 3.1TL
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun/Audio Sensibility Wires
mreeter

Postby leftside » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Nice. One of my favorite albums there as well.
TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator GA, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 * 2 60th Anniv, Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-4
leftside

Postby aztwang » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:49 am

jonathanb wrote:There's no sonic need for envy as the Classic Signature sounds virtually identical to the Prime Signature. The Prime Sig has two primary advantages over the Classic Signature, The first is its outboard motor which reduces the noise floor a tad. The other is the Prime's 3DR armwand. You're not going to add the outboard motor to your Classic Sig but you can have your arm rewired to bring it up to Reference status. The arm may not be as pretty as a 3DR arm, but it'll sound as good.

Of course, if you find the Prime Signature more visually appealing than the Classic Signature, then I guess you're stuck being :mrgreen: with envy.

Different strokes....this came from a member at VPI regarding The Classic series

"You are welcome. Yes, we switched over to an external motor with all of our newer designs. While the motor in the Classic 3 is very hard to notice during listening if it is not properly maintained and lubricated it could cause the potential for additional noise. Personally I'd put the Prime with the JMW-10-3D as a higher performer than the Classic 3 with a Metal tonearm. If the Classic 3 has a 3D arm then it would outperform the Prime. "
aztwang

Postby 33+1third » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:08 pm

A delay from VPI nawwwwwwww :lol: :lol:

The sycophants on this board would vehemently disagree, they would say it's something you did. Not a criticism........Just an observation.
"Music is my Time Machine"
33+1third

Previous

Return to Support Forum