Moved from HW-19 JR to TNT Mk3

Re: Moved from HW-19 JR to TNT Mk3

Postby JimmyL » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Thanks 930,

I did see those and they would be ideal but besides being in Canada and with the exchange, they're just out of my budget level.

Picked up a MK3 platter for my HW19 and have been looking into a new plinth or making one to match the MK3/4. I have a JMW 10.5i arm that I could use and make a very nice TT. I'll probably stick with this program for now and look upstream at a later date.
For some reason, a tricked up HW19 has a lot of appeal. The TNT or even an Aries would be nice but I could probably be happy with this for a long while.
VPI HW19 mod’ed MK3 w/10.5i, VAS Nova Special .4mV, Musical Paradise MP501 V2 Integrated Tube amp, MP Tube Phono Pre, MP Tube D1 DAC, Harbeth P3esr’s
JimmyL

Postby ctlmd » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:41 pm

This refers to page 1 in this thread.

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension on my TNT IV as well. I was thinking the Herbie's Medicine Balls mentioned above, as I am looking for a firmer suspension (I currently have the green air balls supplied by VPI as an upgrade to the bladders). But, I don't see the Medicine Balls on Herbie's website. If there's somewhere to purchase those, I'd appreciate info. Alternatively, the harder handballs listed above are an option. Are they significantly harder than the green balls supplied by VPI? Also considering the Bear Paws mentioned above. Also considering edenSound TerraStone Platform vs butcher block platform. Thoughts on best upgrade path?
-Chuck

Transfiguration Phoenix cartridge, Wheaton Triplanar VI tonearm, VPI TNT IV turntable, VPI SDS speed controller, Spectral DMC 20 phono/preamp, Spectral DMA 180 amp, B&W Matrix 803's speakers, Spectral/MIT Reference cables.
ctlmd

Postby Brf » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:43 pm

ctlmd wrote:This refers to page 1 in this thread.

I'm looking to upgrade my suspension on my TNT IV as well. I was thinking the Herbie's Medicine Balls mentioned above, as I am looking for a firmer suspension (I currently have the green air balls supplied by VPI as an upgrade to the bladders). But, I don't see the Medicine Balls on Herbie's website. If there's somewhere to purchase those, I'd appreciate info. Alternatively, the harder handballs listed above are an option. Are they significantly harder than the green balls supplied by VPI? Also considering the Bear Paws mentioned above. Also considering edenSound TerraStone Platform vs butcher block platform. Thoughts on best upgrade path?

I used the Herbie’s Medicine Ball upgrade with excellent results as long as your rack is position on a very solids floor with a mass loaded rack.

Herbie still hasn’t them listed on their website

http://herbiesaudiolab.net/special.htm
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Stringreen » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:48 am

I have a Superscoutmaster/rim drive/Classic platter/3d2nd pivot.....The best thing for my turntable was Bearpaws....not Terrastones. (tried them both..by the way there are variants of Terrastones with different balls)...Bearpaws for me.
Stringreen

Previous

Return to General Chat