The Fatboy

Re: The Fatboy

Postby tony22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Well, it is getting easier to twist. What I'm finding, though, is that making tiny twists, on the order of fractions of a degree, yields unpredictable outcomes given the initial force needed to get the wand turning. It's not stiction. It just the little "umph" it initially takes to get the wand to start twisting. With the screws loosened, how much force would you say it takes to get the wand to start moving on yours?
Pass XP-20 & XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger w/mods, 12" Fatboy gimbal + 2nd mount, Benz LPS, VAS & SS carts, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby Mr_Putty » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Tony22,
Can you put a wood clothes pin around the arm? If so, you could put tape on the arm to protect it, and put two clamps on either side of the joint to give you some additional leverage. They would also give you a better location ( further out) to measure how much adjustment you have made. Another option? You might have the required grip on the arm with metal paper clamps.
Mr_Putty

Postby 10ovr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:59 pm

Two finger easy,,and smooth and I did not have to crack mine loose ,,Maybe the first Fat Boys were to tight and they corrected it down the line,,,who knows
10ovr

Postby tony22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm

10ovr wrote:Two finger easy,,and smooth

Yeah, mine's not that easy.
Pass XP-20 & XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger w/mods, 12" Fatboy gimbal + 2nd mount, Benz LPS, VAS & SS carts, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby 10ovr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:24 pm

tony22 wrote:
10ovr wrote:Two finger easy,,and smooth

Yeah, mine's not that easy.

I would bet if you loosen the 2 allen's and just worked back and forth a bit it would loosen up ,,Just be careful with your cart,,and the allen's don't have to be very tight ,,When that little guy in your brain says (just a little more) don't LOL
10ovr

Postby tony22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:09 pm

[quote="10ovr"]I would bet if you loosen the 2 allen's and just worked back and forth a bit it would loosen up ,,/quote]

Already tried and done. I think my sample is on the tight side of tolerance.
tony22

Previous

Return to Mat's Corner