What are you listening to right now...

Re: What are you listening to right now...

Postby MMMC » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 pm

MODE FOR JOE -Joe Henderson
Lee Morgan, Trumpet; Curtis Fuller, Trombone; Joe Henderson, Tenor Sax; Bobby Hutcherson, Vibes; Cedar Walton, Piano; Ron Carter, Bass; Joe Chambers, Drums

A gathering of great Jazz musicians, producing great music from what may be one of the "great" time periods of Jazz. This LP is worthy of being in anyone's collection of Jazz from that era.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Jazzgene » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Great taste in music. This is one of the greatest jazz albums. And Joe Henderson is a genius musically.
Jazzgene

Postby MMMC » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:52 am

Jazzgene wrote:Great taste in music. This is one of the greatest jazz albums. And Joe Henderson is a genius musically.

Jazzgene;

It's wonderful to find another Joe Henderson fan and appreciator. That gentleman could "PLAY!!!" his tenor sax. Fortunately, Joe was in the San Francisco Bay area, which allowed many opportunities to hear him playing live guest performances, and he is missed very much, (R.I.P)!!!

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby gene9p » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:04 pm

from LALALAND records...mastered by Bernie Grundman

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg-13.jpg-2.jpg
thumbnail.jpg-13.jpg-2.jpg (233.46 KiB) Viewed 2647 times
thumbnail.jpg-12.jpg-2.jpg
thumbnail.jpg-12.jpg-2.jpg (228.9 KiB) Viewed 2647 times
thumbnail.jpg-14.jpg-2.jpg
thumbnail.jpg-14.jpg-2.jpg (314.38 KiB) Viewed 2647 times
CLASSIC 2 WALNUT,w CLASSIC 3 ARM, SDS
Hana ML Microline MC Cartridge 0.4mV
MANLEY CHINOOOK
Vinnie Rossie LIO integrated
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBET P3 ESR'S
MORROW AUDIO + AUDIO SENSIBILITY Cables
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

Postby MMMC » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 am

SADE - "THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION"
This three LP release is proof that I do listen to music other than modern Jazz. I am not sure the genre Sade is classified with, but I always enjoy how she slips in, through, and out, of so many vocal stories. This session's playback is Side 3 and Side 4.
Side 3
No Ordinary Love
Kiss Of Life
Feel No Pain
Bullet Proof Soul
Side 4
Cherish The Day
Pearls
By Your Side
Immigrant - Flow
MMMC

Postby MMMC » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:07 am

IN 'N Out
Joe Henderson
Joe Henderson, Tenor Saxophone, Kenny Durham, Trumpet, McCoy Tyner, Piano, Richard Davis, Bass, Elvin Jones, Drums

MMMC
Last edited by MMMC on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMMC

Postby MMMC » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:57 pm

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61C77rHFuZL._SX425_.jpg

Betty Carter "Droppin Things"

Betty Carter - Vocals
Marc Cary - Piano
Tarus Mateen - Bass
Freddie Hubbard - Trumpet (Great background compliment work)
Craig Handy - Tenor Saxophone
Gerry Allen Piano
Gregory Hutchiinson - Drums
Recorded Live at The Bottom Line except "Stardust / Memories of You - Recorded at Mastersound, Mixed at Electric Lady
MMMC

Postby MMMC » Mon May 06, 2019 4:02 am

JOE HENDERSON THE STATE OF THE TENOR LIVE AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD VOLUME TWO

Joe Henderson - Tenor Saxophone
Ron Carter - Bass
Al Foster - Drums

The group of recordings was only available on CD initially. Recorded Live at The Village Vanguard Novenber14,15,16,1985. Alfred Lion, founder of Blue Note has said, "This is one of the most important albums that I have ever heard. It is definitely one of the best ever made on Blue Note. And I don't mean the new Blue Note. It is one of the best ever, including all of the records that we did in the fifties and sixties."
* Additional footnotes from LP.
This is a 180 gram vinyl release. Manufactured at Record Technology Inc. (RTI)
Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio

MMMC
Last edited by MMMC on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMMC

Postby adeep42 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:11 pm

MMMC wrote:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71Xoj0XLhAL._SY355_.jpg

Ron Carter - Bass
Al Foster - Drums

The group of recordings was only available on CD initially. Recorded Live at The Village Vanguard Novenber14,15,16,1985. Alfred Lion, founder of Blue Note has said, "This is one of the most important albums that I have ever heard. It is definitely one of the best ever made on Blue Note. And I don't mean the new Blue Note. It is one of the best ever, including all of the records that we did in the fifties and sixties."
Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Aud
MMMC

Just got my copy. Superb!!! Also received Gil Evans "OLD WINE NEW BOTTLE". Excellent as well. Anxiously awaiting several other of the Tone Poet reissues.
Prime #631+Dual Pivot
Eden Sound TerraCone Footers
Wayne's Outer Ring
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon A-95
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre & Mono-blocks
Martin Logan Summit X's
adeep42

Postby MMMC » Tue May 07, 2019 6:13 pm

adeep42 wrote:
MMMC wrote:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71Xoj0XLhAL._SY355_.jpg

Ron Carter - Bass
Al Foster - Drums

Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Aud
MMMC

Just got my copy. Superb!!! Also received Gil Evans "OLD WINE NEW BOTTLE". Excellent as well. Anxiously awaiting several other of the Tone Poet reissues.

Adeep42,

I'm really glad someone else has this LP. The quality of the sonics and dynamics of this recording are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! It is worth every penny of the $27.79 Amazon price. It is without a doubt, one the very highest quality "recordings" I own!!!

MMMC
MMMC

PreviousNext

Return to Just For The Record