What are you listening to right now...

Re: What are you listening to right now...

Postby Dorian » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 am

gene9p wrote:sounds great. It's almost a shame to play it the set looks so good.La La Land records included a brand new gatefold cover in the box as the sealed set cover has a slight bent end. Now that's something you never see. Going to give the original to a local record shop to put on display.

Nice one. Good call on supporting the local record shop too.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby gene9p » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:19 pm

another beauty from MONDO...
Attachments
jw.jpg
jw.jpg (416.57 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
CLASSIC 2 WALNUT,w CLASSIC 3 ARM, SDS
HW SPECIAL VAS NOVA .4v
MANLEY CHINOOOK
Vinnie Rossie LIO integrated
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBETH 7es-3
MORROW AUDIO + AUDIO SENSIBILITY Cables
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

Postby Dorian » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Saw them live for the first time ever at Madison Square Garden last week, fantastic show. This is their best, most complete album IMO. Recorded to tape and pressed at 45rpm, it sounds monstrous (that's a good thing)! Rock on.

IMG_1892.jpg
IMG_1892.jpg (349.46 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Pianist » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:39 pm

While this is well recorded and played, I don’t think it quite lives up to the hype, at least not for the $40 I paid at the California Audio Show.

DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna HP integrated amp; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Musical Surroundings Nova II phono stage; Esoteric K-03 SACD; Sennheiserr HD 800S headphones
Pianist

Postby Dorian » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Original US pressing. Liquid gold.

E437114F-C72B-4BD4-BDA6-F99C65332F90.jpeg
E437114F-C72B-4BD4-BDA6-F99C65332F90.jpeg (112.49 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Dorian

Postby MMMC » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 am

Miles Davis - Trumpet
Herbie Hancock - Electric Piano
Ron Carter - Bass
Tony Williams - Drums
George Benson - Electric Guitar
Wayne Shorter Tenor Saxophone

A salute to longevity.
From fans.legacyrecordings.com>
Wed 8/1, 8:20 AMfans.legacyrecordings.com>

Last month, fifty years prior,.. "July 22, 2018 Miles In The Sky, released July 22, 1968, showcases that second great Miles Davis quintet in bloom, with Davis, Hancock, Carter, Williams and tenor saxophonist Wayne Shorter experimenting with evolving soul and funk influences, from Hancock’s electric piano licks (imposed upon him by Miles) to George Benson’s electric guitar parts on “Paraphernalia.” These four electric (and electrifying) passages further anticipated Miles’ full embrace of new directions by the decade’s end—further proving the genius of Miles Davis, now and forever.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby MMMC » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:07 am

I finally now have all three LP's in the series of three European Concert series from 1960 , The Final Tour (The Bootleg Series), presented in Paris, Copenhagen, and Stockholm, in the spring of 1960. BTW, all three of these European concert performances were Tuxedo dress occasions.
This LP is the Paris Concert, March 21, 1960, and a 2 LP album.

Miles Davis, trumpet
John Coltrance, tenor sax
Wynton Kelly, piano
Paul Chambers, bass
Jimmy Cobb, drums

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby DeeCee » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:00 am

NOT for the Miles traditionalist...

This was pretty wild, even for me... I did like Side 2 better. This was from the record collection left by my parents when they passed a number of years back; I don't think this was ever played as my father never liked the post-cool Miles. The sound quality of the music and vinyl is superb.
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby MMMC » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:40 am

DeeCee wrote:NOT for the Miles traditionalist...

This was pretty wild, even for me... I did like Side 2 better. This was from the record collection left by my parents when they passed a number of years back; I don't think this was ever played as my father never liked the post-cool Miles. The sound quality of the music and vinyl is superb.

DeeCee,

I do not own "Decoy", but have heard it many times at a friends home while playing chess. Pretty much as always, it's just music done the "Miles Davis way", and I do own many of Miles' LPs from what I deem as his "electro funk" era, beginning with Bitches Brew onward. I also saw him live perform most, if not all of the Bitches Brew LP, which did leave a very big impression at the time. They do not get as much turntable time now, but they do continue to get played because there are times when his Electric Funk....just somehow fits the mood, and many of the pieces do have melody lines that can really manage to get into your head, or at least "my" head. I've also been a big Miles fan since age 13.

MMMC
MMMC

Postby DeeCee » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:41 pm

MMMC wrote:
DeeCee wrote:NOT for the Miles traditionalist...

DeeCee,

I do not own "Decoy", but have heard it many times at a friends home while playing chess. Pretty much as always, it's just music done the "Miles Davis way", and I do own many of Miles' LPs from what I deem as his "electro funk" era, beginning with Bitches Brew onward. I also saw him live perform most, if not all of the Bitches Brew LP, which did leave a very big impression at the time. They do not get as much turntable time now, but they do continue to get played because there are times when his Electric Funk....just somehow fits the mood, and many of the pieces do have melody lines that can really manage to get into your head, or at least "my" head. I've also been a big Miles fan since age 13.

MMMC

I've grown up with Miles, as my father was a MAJOR fan. What I like about the high end audio hobby is the exposure to ALL types of music and over the years I, in turn, have expanded my tastes. Genres I never would have considered are in my collection today.

As I've sometimes said, "So much music, so little time..."

Happy Listening!
DeeCee
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

PreviousNext

Return to Just For The Record