Next at the VPI House

Re: Next at the VPI House

Postby Broadway90 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:57 am

How about Brian Charney's single driver speakers?
Made right in Somerset NJ.
http://charneyaudio.com/
Grado Epoch/Gimbal Fatboy/TNT HR 5 with rim drive, aluminum platter, no suspension/VAS Citation One/Sophia Electric 91-01-300B/Omega SAM
Broadway90

Postby pursuitofnow » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:46 am

VPI Classic Signature (2M Black)
Decware ZP3-25th > ZSTAGE-25th
PS Audio DirectStream DAC
Decware ZTPRE > ZBIT > ZROCK2-25th
Decware SE84UFO3-25th
Omega Super 3 HO XRS, Deep 8
Zenwave D4, ZSTYX, TWL
PI Audio Uberbuss, Digibuss, Mongo
pursuitofnow

Postby teenage diplomat » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Spatial Audio M3 Sapphire speakers, made in Utah, which made quite a splash at the DC Audiofest. They are dipoles (open baffle), 92db efficient, and cost $5k per pair. I heard tham at the 'fest. Giant killers.
teenage diplomat

Postby Mat » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 pm

A phonostage shootout would be cool. We almost had a cartridge shootout last year but then there was a touch of backlash because I think manufacturers were worried about the outcome. I still one to do one anyway :P 8-)

I've actually met the folks at Charney Audio and they have been down to the factory. He would def be a great person to have for an event over at the house!

Those Spatial Audio M3 Sapphire speakers are also looking interesting! Actually I would love to play with everything mentioned so far :lol:
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby 930turbo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:48 am

Mat wrote:A phonostage shootout would be cool. We almost had a cartridge shootout last year but then there was a touch of backlash because I think manufacturers were worried about the outcome. I still one to do one anyway :P 8-)

I've actually met the folks at Charney Audio and they have been down to the factory. He would def be a great person to have for an event over at the house!

Those Spatial Audio M3 Sapphire speakers are also looking interesting! Actually I would love to play with everything mentioned so far :lol:

My sister who is 930cab in this forum is willing to bring her ARC REF Phono 3 if this shoot out pushes through .
VPI TNT 6,Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X FatBoy uni 12,Lyra Kleos,ARC REF Annv 40 line ,REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A
930turbo

Previous

Return to Mat's Corner