Some Of What Made and Makes Miles Davis, Miles Davis

Some Of What Made and Makes Miles Davis, Miles Davis

Postby MMMC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:57 pm

Many may not be interested, but Miles Davis truly is a music icon, even if you dislike Jazz. With that said, I would like to share this YouTube video, hopefully for some perspective on this very unusual individual, to whom, the music was all important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34r017yYNa0&feature=youtu.be&cid=nl221332&utm_medium=email_SFMC&utm_source=6383339&utm_campaign=email-221332-2019731&utm_content=nllink-7332293-miles_linkfire_BOTC_CTA

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Re: Some Of What Made and Makes Miles Davis, Miles Davis

Postby adeep42 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:45 pm

MMMC, Thank you. I'm a huge Miles fan. I have been since I discovered jazz in the late 50's. Can't wait for the movie to be released.
Prime #631+Dual Pivot
Eden Sound TerraCone Footers
Wayne's Outer Ring
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon A-95
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
Cary Audio CAD 300SEI
Pure Audio Project Quintet15/Voxative AC-PiFi
adeep42

Postby Lewisranchmike » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Saw the movie last week at an Indie House, REALLY ENJOYED IT!!!

Mike In Austin
Avenger Reference MK1, VAS Nova Gold, Symposium Seque Iso, Stillpoints LPI, VPI Periphery Ring, Eagle PSU, Roadrunner Tach, Audio Sensibility Statement, ARC Ref Phono 2SE, ARC Ref 5SE, McIntosh MC252, KimberKable 8TC, Vandersteen 3A Sig
Lewisranchmike

Postby seamonster » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:45 am

A link to a brief story about one of my favorite trumpeters, Miles (it's a tough call for me, between Armstrong and Davis) -

https://somethingelsereviews.com/2019/1 ... sVF_RFqvbk
seamonster

Postby MMMC » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:31 pm

seamonster wrote:A link to a brief story about one of my favorite trumpeters, Miles (it's a tough call for me, between Armstrong and Davis) -

https://somethingelsereviews.com/2019/1 ... sVF_RFqvbk

Seamonster,

A very interesting story. Considering Miles', though born in Alton, IL, his early years were lived in the small, but very "tough" little city of East St. Louis, Illinois, where he survived without a scratch. Very crazy that life in the "Big Apple" dealt him that hand. I was born in St.Louis, MO, just across the Mississippi river from Alton, and East St. Louis, Illinois, which I know from experience was a VERY "tough" little city, where many individuals were "shot", partly because it was the late night, and Sunday, place to go after the bars in St. Louis, MO closed!! Life is stranger than fiction!! Thankfully I escaped to the West coast.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby seamonster » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:50 am

One thing that always has amazed me is his acceptance into Juilliard, given the discriminatory time in which he lived, though I suppose the art schools were different. In my birth place of New Orleans, the shooting continues, day and night. Been in Texas since my early fifties. I don't feel any safer here, yet I don't worry much about it.

Smnstr
seamonster

Return to General Chat