When will the HW40 start shipping?

Re: When will the HW40 start shipping?

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:31 pm

Congrats Jerry. What did it replace, and how does it sound in comparison, please?
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Jbelben » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:31 am

Good Morning

I wanted to spin a few more discs before responding, as I already had a very good table with the VPI Classic 4. So here is what I am hearing:

...A lower noise floor and near silence between tracks

...Impressive improvements in the quality and quality of the base. Akin to adding different speakers with greater bass capabilities.
...Much more detail in the highs, with sounds and instruments that I didn’t notice before.

There is still a little tweaking required to extract that last bit of performance, but very impressive right out of the box. Using it with a Kisiki Purple Heart.

Thanks
Jbelben

Postby Mat » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:22 pm

It has been a long road to bringing the HW-40 but certainly a milestone for our company. After I get back from Munich I'm going to need a nice long vacation and maybe see what my kid looks like now :P

By the way, everyone who bought the limited HW-40 Anniversary Edition will also get a free copy of the VPI book (once it is printed) 8-)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Mat's Corner