What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby Brf » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:13 pm

tony22 wrote:Well, Peter Lederman said in one of his postings on his site that within 3 degrees was considered reasonable, but then in a comment after that he implied (without using numbers) that anything outside of close to vertical was not okay. I was left confused.


Considering that the stylus is attached to a cantilever that on average is 5-6mm long, I am not sure if an untrained eye can detect a 3 degree variance?
User avatar
Brf
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3902
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:23 am

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby tony22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Well, thanks to Adjust Plus+ I now have my Benz SL aligned such that I have channel separation numbers of 35.3 and 38.3 dB, with the channels exactly in phase. :D All that was needed was an approximate 1/2 degree twist in azimuth. Feickert says the higher priority is to get the phase identical across channels, so that's what I did. And it sounds good! :mrgreen: Glad that's over with.
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Sussurro Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby tony22 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:17 am

tony22 wrote:Glad that's over with.


Now about Analogmagik. :mrgreen: When it does the Loading measurements, does it show the frequency response for both Right and Left channels? Or just a single line frequency response measurement?
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Sussurro Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby leftside » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:26 pm

tony22 wrote:Well, thanks to Adjust Plus+ I now have my Benz SL aligned such that I have channel separation numbers of 35.3 and 38.3 dB, with the channels exactly in phase. :D All that was needed was an approximate 1/2 degree twist in azimuth. Feickert says the higher priority is to get the phase identical across channels, so that's what I did. And it sounds good! :mrgreen: Glad that's over with.

Glad to hear. How long did it take you from first opening the package? Possible weekend project?
TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator GA, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 * 2 60th Anniv, Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-4
User avatar
leftside
Senior Member
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby tony22 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Actually not long, maybe 1 hour or just a bit more, as I think I had my SL set up pretty well to begin with and it fortunately is mechanically well aligned.
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Sussurro Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby edw » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 pm

tony22 wrote:Now about Analogmagik. :mrgreen: When it does the Loading measurements, does it show the frequency response for both Right and Left channels? Or just a single line frequency response measurement?


L & R channels are superimposed on one another; but can be seen in the fine print. Also, there is a version 2 coming out soon.

Image
Last edited by edw on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
edw
Senior Member
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 pm
Location: NY/NJ

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby tony22 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Thanks edw. I just got AM and tried it tonight. Sure enough it's just like you said. Any idea when v2 will arrive?

I thought I'd sell Adjust Plus after getting AM, but on first use there are a couple of things I think I like better about Feickert's. I like the way it plots the frequency response on the display. It's easier to see any channel imbalance. And I like the way the azimuth adjust screen shows the mono balance, and both the right and left crosstalk values all in the same view. But I can see where AM is a more flexible tool.
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Sussurro Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby vienna acoustics » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:21 pm

tony22 wrote:Thanks edw. I just got AM and tried it tonight. Sure enough it's just like you said. Any idea when v2 will arrive?

I thought I'd sell Adjust Plus after getting AM, but on first use there are a couple of things I think I like better about Feickert's. I like the way it plots the frequency response on the display. It's easier to see any channel imbalance. And I like the way the azimuth adjust screen shows the mono balance, and both the right and left crosstalk values all in the same view. But I can see where AM is a more flexible tool.

Hi Tony, some days ago Richard Mak had advised me, that he is currently testing the V2. He usually announces the updates through his Facebook page. He had also said that it will be a free upgrade for the existing customers.
Amplifiers:Gryphon Pandora,Gryphon Mephisto Stereo,Gryphon Legato Legacy
Speakers;Vienna Acoustics,The Music, VPIAvengerReference/FatBoy12” Gimbal&Fatboy 12” unip/LPI Stillpoints,Lyra Etna, AT ART 1000DigitalAurenderN10, EMM DA2, Torus AVR
User avatar
vienna acoustics
Senior Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby edw » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Yes, I heard the same thing about V2.
User avatar
edw
Senior Member
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 pm
Location: NY/NJ

Re: What makes Analogmagik better than Adjust+ ?

Postby tony22 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:18 am

I wonder if he has any additional beta testers?
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Sussurro Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22
Senior Member
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Support Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests

x