Classic 4 Purchased

Re: Classic 4 Purchased

Postby Mr_Putty » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:55 pm

I give my platter a gentle push just before I push the on switch. No belt squeal, less belt wear, no powder to get on my record, less belt slip. Try it when you feel better. You might like it. Nice table!!
Mr_Putty

Postby 10ovr » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Mr_Putty wrote:I give my platter a gentle push just before I push the on switch. No belt squeal, less belt wear, no powder to get on my record, less belt slip. Try it when you feel better. You might like it. Nice table!!

For the life of me ,I powder my belts and have never gotten it on my records . How is this done,, :lol:
10ovr

Postby fischerd » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:16 pm

I've never seen a rosewood that light - looks fantastic. Nor have I seen the HRX pulley like that before. That's a fantastic looking table and I'm sure sounds amazing. Congrats on the upgrade!
fischerd

Postby vienna acoustics » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Very beautiful turntable
Congratulations
Amplifiers:Gryphon Pandora,Gryphon Mephisto Stereo,Gryphon Legato Legacy
Speakers;Vienna Acoustics,The Music, VPIAvengerReference/FatBoy12” Gimbal&Fatboy 12” unip/LPI Stillpoints,Lyra Etna, AT ART 1000DigitalAurenderN10, EMM DA2, Torus AVR
vienna acoustics

Postby MOON » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. I am enjoying the table and just thrilled to have it. It's so quiet in the grooves, dynamics are incredible, deeper bass, ect. It is simply amazing soundwise.

I bought the table through a VPI dealer. The former owner of the table ordered a VPI HW 40 direct drive.

My friend I sold my Prime to can't wait to hear the classie 4.. After installing my Lyra Kloes on the 12 inch arm with dual pivot , I couldn't beleive how much easier the installation was with the dual pivot. I waited until a mint protractor arrived to do the install.

VPI should ship tables with the dual pivot installed already by the factory.
Classic 4, 12"3d, hrx pulley, 3 belts, dual pivot, sds, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Stillpoint LPI , Simaudio 610 Evolution phono stage , Audio Sensibility silver statement cable, tru lift & sweep
MOON

Postby Brf » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:06 am

Now that's a table! I forgot how much I love the look and performance of the Classic 4 table.

That's a really nice score and some would argue a final destination table. Can't wait to hear you impressions once you get it dialed in and spend some time with it.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby MMMC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:16 pm

Congrats on your purchase of the pre-owned Classic 4 in Rosewood. The lines of the Classic 4, along with the Rosewood are beautiful! You must be smiling from ear to ear every time you look at it! Let the music play!!!

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Jbelben » Fri May 24, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Moon

I owned the VPI Classic 4 that Moon purchased and it is wonderful to seeing it bring the same joy to you that it did to me.

I am the proud owner of A VPI HD-40 serial#: 25 and the joy continues. Jody from Brooklyn Audio facilitated the exchange and is a wonder dealer and person. Don’t hesitate to reach out to him as he is as fair, ethical and honest as the day is long.

Cheers

JerryB
Jbelben

Postby MOON » Sun May 26, 2019 7:59 am

I can 2nd Jerry's recommendation of Jody at Brooklyn Audio. I have bought from Jody several times. Jerry, glad you are enjoying your new HW40. I was in Chapters yesterday and saw a review in an audio mag on the HW40.

Since getting the Classic 4,after the picture I submitted, I put on the HRX Pulley and bought the kab strobe kit to dial in the speed. I also bought tru sweep from the makers of the tru lift. It does a great job of removing any dust during playing a record and is also grounded. https://www.integrityhifi.ca/tru-sweep

In Canada you can get the tru sweep for $259.00 at Electronic Depot.
Greg
Classic 4, 12"3d, hrx pulley, 3 belts, dual pivot, sds, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Stillpoint LPI , Simaudio 610 Evolution phono stage , Audio Sensibility silver statement cable, tru lift & sweep
MOON

Previous

Return to Future VPI Owners