Anyone else have the ORG 45RPM of The Planets?

Anyone else have the ORG 45RPM of The Planets?

Postby tony22 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:21 pm

I ask because I think it's a great recording, but also to ask for another set of ears. On my recently Fatboyed Avenger, when I play these disks I sometimes hear a very subtle, regular periodic thumping in quiet passages. The place where I notice it most is on Side 2 of Disk A during the last few moments of Venus. It sounds to me like it's part of the recording. I'm not talking about a classic vinyl "pop", or something on the physical surface of the disk. It sounds like it's actually on the recording. If it isn't, it means there's something wrong with my setup. But I can find no problems anywhere, and other records do not exhibit this odd sound.
Pass XP-20 & XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger w/mods, 12" Fatboy gimbal + 2nd mount, Benz LPS, VAS & SS carts, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Re: Anyone else have the ORG 45RPM of The Planets?

Postby Butch1970 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 pm

I seem to remember a similar thing with my ORG copy of The Planets. I assumed it to be a pressing defect. I haven't listened to that LP in quite a while. I'll have to try to pull it out this week and report back.......
Butch1970

Re: Anyone else have the ORG 45RPM of The Planets?

Postby tony22 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:49 am

Sorry for coming back around to this late, but thanks Butch. If you did have a chance for a recent listen, please let me know what you experienced.
Pass XP-20 & XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger w/mods, 12" Fatboy gimbal + 2nd mount, Benz LPS, VAS & SS carts, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Return to Just For The Record