Finally a Gimbal FatBoy in my friend’s HR-X

Re: Finally a Gimbal FatBoy in my friend’s HR-X

Postby 930turbo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Harry wrote:Nice job 930, looks great on the HR-X. As you know, the HR-X is so good it will expand its horizon every time you change something on it to make it better.
I tell HR-X owners all the time to stay with what they have and just change the arm, there is no better turntable on the market in real terms.

HW

Thanks for the nice words Harry . You are correct regarding the HR-X . If we were only based in the USA we could have also upgraded my friend’s super platter to the magnetic drive platter there in VPI Factory . My friend is very happy w/ his Gimbal FatBoy and until now fellow audiophiles who listen to his system prefer the sound of the HR-X over his fancy table the Kronos w/ the Kuzma 4 point / Clearaudio Goldfinger V2 . My hat’s off to you Harry !
Maybe by the middle of 2019 I can upgrade to the FatBoy as well.
VPI TNT 6,w/Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X 12.7 Lyra Kleos,ARC REF5SE line stage, REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,a pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A spkr
930turbo

Postby mystertee » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:25 am

Hi, 930. Just got my 10" FatBoy. How did you adjust the azimuth, do you loosen the two inset screws on the silver part of the tonearm and rotate the wand and then retighten the screws?

The item did not come with any instructions, just the shiny new tonearm.

Thanks!

Mike
mystertee

Postby tony22 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:42 am

That's how it's done, but do this initially before the arm is mounted. Loosen the screws, hold on carefully to the silver part (the ferrule) with one set of fingers, and twist the wand back and forth with your other hand. A few degrees or so either way.
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Sussurro Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby 930turbo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:47 am

[quote="mystertee"]Hi, 930. Just got my 10" FatBoy. How did you adjust the azimuth, do you loosen the two inset screws on the silver part of the tonearm and rotate the wand and then retighten the screws?

The item did not come with any instructions, just the shiny new tonearm.

Thanks!

Mike[/quote

Hi Mike ,

Tony is right. Just one to add initially even if you loosen the the two inset screw wand would not rotate. Used a little force and it will be released . Once released azimuth is a breeze.

Hope this helps ,

VPI TNT 6,w/Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X 12.7 Lyra Kleos,ARC REF5SE line stage, REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,a pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A spkr
930turbo

Previous

Return to Customer Pictures