What's Missing?

What's Missing?

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Can anyone see what's missing in this photo?

IMG_2183.jpg
IMG_2183.jpg (63.63 KiB) Viewed 252 times
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Re: What's Missing?

Postby adeep42 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Where is the stylus?
Prime #631+Dual Pivot
Eden Sound TerraCone Footers
Wayne's Outer Ring
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon A-95
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre & Mono-blocks
Martin Logan Summit X's
adeep42

Postby 10ovr » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Hope you saw that before you dropped it on a record :shock:
10ovr

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Good eyes gents! I was re-doing my alignment tonight and accidentally bumped the arm (not the stylus) and next thing I know, no stylus! Weird thing is I didn't bump it hard. The stylus did bump down onto the alignment jig but I really didn't think that hard. It didn't get stuck in my clothing (I was wearing a T-shirt). The even weirder thing is, I cannot find the stylus anywhere for the life of me. Who knows what happened but bottom line it looks like its going back to SoundSmith. Very annoying!
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby mreeter » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:31 am

Dorian wrote:Good eyes gents! I was re-doing my alignment tonight and accidentally bumped the arm (not the stylus) and next thing I know, no stylus! Weird thing is I didn't bump it hard. The stylus did bump down onto the alignment jig but I really didn't think that hard. It didn't get stuck in my clothing (I was wearing a T-shirt). The even weirder thing is, I cannot find the stylus anywhere for the life of me. Who knows what happened but bottom line it looks like its going back to SoundSmith. Very annoying!

I guess if there is any kind of 'Silver Lining' you will receive back an 'as new' Cartridge...
VPI Classic Signature SE
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
VAS Audio Citation II Monoblock Amps
Polk Audio SDA SRS 3.1TL
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun/Audio Sensibility Wires
mreeter

Postby 10ovr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:36 am

Hope you have a back up cart ,,May be a good time to get a VAS NOVA LOL
10ovr

Postby gene9p » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:44 am

My Vas met a similar death but i didn't see it until I dropped the arm and it actually broke on contact. I think the stylus guard was the culprit so I won't be using one of those again..LOL.
CLASSIC 2 WALNUT,w CLASSIC 3 ARM, SDS
HW SPECIAL VAS NOVA .8v
MANLEY CHINOOOK
Vinnie Rossie LIO integrated
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBETH 7es-3
MORROW AUDIO + AUDIO SENSIBILITY Cables
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

Postby jonathanb » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:50 am

Gene, you should definitely use the stylus guard. Just be sure that you remove it properly by pulling in towards you rather than pulling it downwards.

Dorian, if Soundsmith can't quickly repair your cartridge--they usually have quite a repair queue--don't hesitate to have Steve at VAS repair it.
Last edited by jonathanb on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathanb

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 am

jonathanb wrote:Gene, you should definitely use the stylus guard. Just to be sure that you remove it properly by pulling in towards you rather than pulling it downwards.

Dorian, if Soundsmith can't quickly repair your cartridge--they usually have quite a repair queue--don't hesitate to have Steve at VAS repair it.

Good call, thanks Jonathan. Do you know if his pricing is competitive with Soundsmith's?
Dorian

Postby jonathanb » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:39 am

Dorian wrote:Good call, thanks Jonathan. Do you know if his pricing is competitive with Soundsmith's?

Yep, his pricing is competitive with Soundsmith's.
jonathanb

Next

Return to General Audio