The (Not So) Wonderful Sound of Female Vocals

Re: The (Not So) Wonderful Sound of Female Vocals

Postby Jprod » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Yet another example of getting screwed by a woman....
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Manley Chinook phono preamp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:52 pm

gene9p wrote:sometimes I wish I had my old DUAL and cheapo cartridge..lol

Hope it gets fixed fast and not too costly.

Thanks Gene.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Jprod wrote:Yet another example of getting screwed by a woman....

Ha ha can't argue with that J.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Bill Stevenson » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 am

For those who might be interested, on the original album Little Girl Blue, the track Plain Gold Ring is the second track in on side 2 and it is clean with no distortion.
Bill Stevenson

Postby Dorian » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:29 pm

Bill Stevenson wrote:For those who might be interested, on the original album Little Girl Blue, the track Plain Gold Ring is the second track in on side 2 and it is clean with no distortion.

Thanks Bill. Are you referring to an original pressing of the album or the Analog Productions reissue (of which there is both a 33 and a 45 available)?
Dorian

Postby leftside » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Unfortunately some records are simply pressed poorly. If the record has gone through my cleaning process (ultrasonic + VPI HW-17) and still sounds poor when other records sound great - then it's the record.
TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator GA, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 * 2 60th Anniv, Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-4
leftside

Postby Bill Stevenson » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:22 pm

My copy is a re-issue of the original Bethlehem Records. 33.33 rpm. If cleaning matters, mine is an HW-17, used as directed.
Bill Stevenson

Postby Kaloman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Looks like others are experiencing inner groove distortion and have notified Acoustic Sounds. They've acknowledged being able to duplicate the sound and that all copies were affected. Let's see what happens...

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/t ... 873/page-2
Kaloman

Postby Golear » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Is there a reduction in the inner groove distortion if the anti-skate force is increased slightly?
Golear

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Kaloman wrote:Looks like others are experiencing inner groove distortion and have notified Acoustic Sounds. They've acknowledged being able to duplicate the sound and that all copies were affected. Let's see what happens...

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/t ... 873/page-2

Thanks for the link Kaloman. I am posting there now (username Dorian75).
Dorian

PreviousNext

Return to Support Forum