Designer (Leather) Prime

Designer (Leather) Prime

Postby Noskipallwd » Mon May 14, 2018 1:40 pm

I just noticed The Designer Prime in the Bespoke Collection on the Main site. Holy crap, that's a lot of leather. Not my cup of tea but definitely interesting! I am sure you could get a pair of Sonus Faber speakers to match. Would surely be a conversation starter.

Cheers,
Shawn
VPI S. Prime Scout W/ADS|Soundsmith Carmen| Bottlehead Eros & Crack|Primaluna Prologue 3 and 4|KEF LS50s|Focal Elear|Nordost Blue Heaven Tonearm cable|DIY for the rest|VPI 16.5|
Noskipallwd

Re: Designer (Leather) Prime

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:42 pm

I received an email today announcing the new Designer Prime turntables. They look like leather couches with studs. Seriously?
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby 33+1third » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Ayre Conditioned wrote:I received an email today announcing the new Designer Prime turntables. They look like leather couches with studs. Seriously?

I busted out laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow, who's in charge of the new design team. My personal opinion, VPI should concentrate on making delivery's on time.

Just an observation, holy crap I'm still laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Music is my Time Machine"
33+1third

Postby DeeCee » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Ayre Conditioned wrote:I received an email today announcing the new Designer Prime turntables. They look like leather couches with studs. Seriously?

But it’s just right for playing “Macho Man”. :lol:
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby 10ovr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 pm

I guess this wold be the first LP I would play on it LOL Image7188717a4ba15236093c2955a4ff28c7 by Tim Morgan, on Flickr
10ovr

Postby Peer Gynt » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:35 pm

I’m not really sure why this is so hilarious.

Hasselblad badged a leather covered pocket camera several years ago, and they sold out. The leather was a desirable feature that buyers identified as luxurious.

There have been other leather finished products for the luxury market, from watches to holsters.

There will be a market for these, especially among those collecting and vlogging about their colored vinyl.

I got the email today too. I don’t want one, but it didn’t make me laugh.
Peer Gynt

Postby 33+1third » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 pm

Peer Gynt wrote:I’m not really sure why this is so hilarious.

Hasselblad badged a leather covered pocket camera several years ago, and they sold out. The leather was a desirable feature that buyers identified as luxurious.

There have been other leather finished products for the luxury market, from watches to holsters.

There will be a market for these, especially among those collecting and vlogging about their colored vinyl.

I got the email today too. I don’t want one, but it didn’t make me laugh.

Interesting perspective, I would be willing to bet that this product is a big time loozer.
"Music is my Time Machine"
33+1third

Postby Mat » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:18 am

Hey all, this was a project that was left open ended for our leather worker about 2 years ago. I had actually forgotten about it since it had been so long. That being said, you have to see it in person. I can't say this is something we will be pursuing long term but it is an acquired taste. Some love it some hate it. Personally I love the black leather model, I'm not a huge fan of the brown... and I have gotten into debate over that as well where others have felt the reverse. Red wine, white wine... flavor for all :)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby DeeCee » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 am

Awwwww! My posting was just in good fun! Lord knows my tastes aren't the end all and be all of perfection! (Say it ain't so, Joe. Say it ain't so!") :o
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby spinblackcircle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:52 pm

I really liked the Leather Classic you did but it doesn't seem to transfer over as well to the Prime IMHO.

That being said, I'm sure you will sell all of them. ;)
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Next

Return to General Audio