Abused vta base classic 2 rosewood se

Abused vta base classic 2 rosewood se

Postby yohimeys3 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:33 pm

I bought a used vpi classic 2 rosewood se table on line and after a few days i inspected the arm base carefully and found the unipivot needle was abused , the tip is damaged, also the vta base has a couple of dings right in the front side for all the world to see this table has a vta base for 10.5" / 10" ? metal arm, the unipivot needle housing has a long threaded base to it and a threaded colet with 2 flat sides to tighten it down to base, not particularly able to afford a 1200.00 new vta base , i have a guy at elusive disc looking for a replacement part to put on my base, sent him pics of it, ive used sand paper to somewhat resharpen the point of uni needle, but i of course realize this has to be replaced, im shocked the table sounds as good as it does considering the unipivot doesnt float perfectly now.If anyone has a suggestion or comment please feel free to share if i can ever figure out how to post pics ill have a few pics of table and entire system to share. I think i have a original rosewood plinth, but i may be wrong and it a legal lighter color one.
yohimeys3

Re: Abused vta base classic 2 rosewood se

Postby Gshepardbuster » Mon May 14, 2018 3:30 pm

From reply page lower left side tab to upload attachments, choose file, take pics.
Gshepardbuster

Postby Stringreen » Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 am

too bad.....I'd send it back to VPI for the fix....who knows what else is lurking......
Stringreen

Postby tony22 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:12 am

Cycle the VTA up and down its full height to make sure there is no damage to the threading. Make sure to loosen the VTA lock screws before doing this. If that's good contact Marc at VPI for a new pivot spike. I think on most bases they're easy enough to replace. Once you have the new spike measure the pivot to stylus distance and make sure it's okay. If you get that all done and you got the table for a good price, try not to look too hard at the dings. :)
Pass XP-20, AVA 600R, Shahinian Diapasons, PS Audio DMP & DS, VPI Avenger with 12" 3DR, Benz SL and L2, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Pass XP-15, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Return to Support Forum