Hana Cartridge Mounting on Prime Signature

Re: Hana Cartridge Mounting on Prime Signature

Postby glide » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:36 pm

Bumping this thread to see if anyone had a link to a set of longer Soundsmith-type screws.
glide

Postby Stringreen » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:28 pm

I had the same problem mounting an Ortofon on to a 3D.....found a packet of screws of varied lengths on Ebay, even though Ortofon gave me 3 different lengths of screws....works fine
Stringreen

Postby glide » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Stringreen wrote:I had the same problem mounting an Ortofon on to a 3D.....found a packet of screws of varied lengths on Ebay, even though Ortofon gave me 3 different lengths of screws....works fine

Do you have a link available?
glide

Postby Stringreen » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:03 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TURNTABLE-PHON ... :rk:3:pf:0

I THINK this is what I used. Check the other offerings.. I wouldn't use aluminum
Stringreen

Postby mike_ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 pm

The Soundsmith EZ Mount screws were too short to mount my Nagaoka MP-200 on the JMW-9T tonearm, so I took to ebay and found these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-Thumb-Sc ... 0005.m1851

They worked perfect and added just the right amount of mass to get the tonearm resonant frequency to 10Hz, with the added benefit of quick and easy setup via thumb screws. I really like the included, matching brass knurled, rounded nuts that they provide to help with compatibility.

They also seem to have a sonic improvement, with tighter bass and better separation. Also, very affordable.

mike_

Previous

Return to Support Forum