SoundStage Direct

Re: SoundStage Direct

Postby Orchids1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:31 am

Vin, SSD’s website is now auto linked to something called Reverb LP. So, it looks like SSD’s assets were sold, probably in foreclosure, and it’s out of business. There isn’t any other plausable scenario. Rich
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu + tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; Amazon Echo
Orchids1

Postby Pevo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:55 am

The auto-link must have been implemented this morning. I was cleaning out my saved links yesterday and went to the SSD website yesterday and it looked exactly as it did months ago with no mention of the “issues”. I just tried again and got the Reverb website.
Pevo

Postby tom collins » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:15 pm

It is always sad when something like this happens. Everybody loses, the employees who counted on the money each month, the customers who may get stuck having paid without getting their goods, the investors (no one ever feels sorry for them, but without them, nothing would get off the ground), even the banks. This is a hard business to make money in. He probably felt the first warning signs a year ago. He should have gone to his retail partners then. Maybe he did. Who knows. I personally never spend more than an album's worth of money at online stores.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring + center weight, 12.0 arm, base and 12.7 armwand, SDS, SRA platform; Delos, Zu, Grado ME+ carts; Musical Surroundings Nova 2, custom SUT; Cary 30i prototype EL34 integrated amp; Devore Gibbon 8 speakers; PSB sub.
tom collins

Postby Dorian » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:02 pm

I had an unfulfilled order with them for over a month. I eventually cancelled it but they didn't issue a refund, so I had to file a grievance with my credit card company. I always use a credit card when shopping online, in case of any issues.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby miner » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Let's also feel for those manufacturers like VPI that had notes due.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 regulator; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M; REL B1
miner

Postby Orchids1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Miner, Do you know that VPI sold merchandise on credit to SSD. That would surprise me. As a rule, when a vendor senses a buyer is in financial distress, the vendor requires cash payment at, or before, the time of shipment. This, of course, makes things much, much more difficult for the buyer, which then goes into a death spiral. Rich
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu + tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; Amazon Echo
Orchids1

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Orchids1 wrote:Miner, Do you know that VPI sold merchandise on credit to SSD. That would surprise me. As a rule, when a vendor senses a buyer is in financial distress, the vendor requires cash payment at, or before, the time of shipment. This, of course, makes things much, much more difficult for the buyer, which then goes into a death spiral. Rich

I believe Mat had mentioned that SSD wasn’t paying their past due invoices and that they didn’t bill for 30 days after shipment or something like that. I’d have to guess it all happened so fast that their suppliers didn’t see it coming. Manley came out on Audiogon saying that SSD were deadbeats and not paying as well.
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Previous

Return to General Chat