Record sleeves

Record sleeves

Postby Mr_Putty » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:06 pm

I have a favorite record sleeve I cannot find anywhere. See photo. It came from a Denon pcm digital recording, OX-7209-ND. Telemann, Twelve Fantasies for Oboe Solo, Heinz Holliger. It has a flap to keep out dirt, and has a rounded bottom (barely visible). The flap makes it easy to insert a record into the sleeve and the rounded bottom is easier to insert into a jacket than the square sleeves. I am using the MoFi brand sleeves but I like this one better. This is only for the record. Please reply if you know of a source.
Thanks,
JTA
Attachments
63D04357-7120-413F-A778-85FCF146219B.jpeg
My favorite sleeve
63D04357-7120-413F-A778-85FCF146219B.jpeg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 587 times
Mr_Putty

Re: Record sleeves

Postby MOON » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:48 pm

I use the mofi sleeves too, however my records are not put back in the record jacket. I have a protective 3 miles plastic sleeve over the record jacket with the opening at the top of the album. The mofi sleeve goes behind the record jacket also with the opening at the top.

Albums are easily slid in and out this way. I keep the original shrink wrap and hype stickers on the albums making a cut in the plastic at the record jacket opening to slide the record out, clean it and then store as I described above,
Prime 152, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Stillpoint LPI , Simaudio 610 Evolution phono stage , Audio Sensibility silver statement phono cable.
MOON

Postby Mr_Putty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 am

I sometimes put records behind jacket sleeves as well. But I don’t trust my air quality enough to leave them with a direct opening to the room. The flap on the Decca sleeve gives better protection overall IMHO. I suspect there is a cost or patent on them keeping them from the general market.
Mr_Putty

Postby Packgrog » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:04 am

I used to use Diskeeper sleeves, but after a fair number of instances of witnessing micro-scratches on previously pristine vinyl after using these, I've switched to the softer MoFi sleeves. They don't feel as sturdy, but nor do they seem to scuff my records.

As far as the OP's preferred sleeves, is there a brand name for them? I've seen some curve bottomed sleeves in the past, but never one with a flap at the opening.
VPI Scout Jr., Audiomods Classic, Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena, RME Babyface Pro
Packgrog

Postby Mr_Putty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:15 am

Nothing printed on the sleeves.
Mr_Putty

Return to Just For The Record