August TAS - Harry, a comment attributed to you

Re: August TAS - Harry, a comment attributed to you

Postby suntea » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Harry wrote:Good luck with the ET' speakers, I love them. Having said that and that you own them I lean even more towards the Bronze over the black.

HW

Thanks Harry. The ETs are sounding really good today. I was wondering if you think the Quintet Bronze is better sounding than the Cadenza Bronze (or Blue) which is more money. Or is the Quintet Bronze just a really great purchase for the money and its not worth going up the Ortofon chain to the Cadenzas? I am just about at a decision point and wondered what you thought of the Cadenza vs. the Quintet. Thanks again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic 3, Dynavector XX2 MK2, McIntosh 2300 Pre, McIntosh MC275 VI Amp, McIntosh MVP861 disc player, Dali MS5 Speakers, REL T9i woofer (2)
suntea

Postby Harry » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:41 am

The Cadenza is slightly smoother and a bit more forgiving but they both sound great and the Quintet is a real steal for the money. If money is no object the Cadenza is better but if you would rather buy great vinyl for the difference you can remove the body from the quintet and it sounds even better. Get some MFSL one-steps for the difference, they are mind blowing!!

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby suntea » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 am

Harry wrote:The Cadenza is slightly smoother and a bit more forgiving but they both sound great and the Quintet is a real steal for the money. If money is no object the Cadenza is better but if you would rather buy great vinyl for the difference you can remove the body from the quintet and it sounds even better. Get some MFSL one-steps for the difference, they are mind blowing!!

HW

Thanks for the information. The Quintet sounds like a great one to get. I did a search on removing the body and found a thread where you mention that. Is that an easy thing to do?

I Bill Evans One Step sounds fantastic and looking forward to S&G!

UPDATE: The Quintet Bronze has been ordered! Looking forward to this one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic 3, Dynavector XX2 MK2, McIntosh 2300 Pre, McIntosh MC275 VI Amp, McIntosh MVP861 disc player, Dali MS5 Speakers, REL T9i woofer (2)
suntea

Postby Harry » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:33 am

Depending on the Quintet age (some have screws holding them together) you can just use long mounting screws and the body will pop off. Everyone I have used has been the pop off kind just do it slowly and carefully and remove the body without touching the cantilever. I do it all the time, it is not hard.

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby jonathanb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am

Harry wrote:Depending on the Quintet age (some have screws holding them together) you can just use long mounting screws and the body will pop off. Everyone I have used has been the pop off kind just do it slowly and carefully and remove the body without touching the cantilever. I do it all the time, it is not hard.

HW

If the Quintet is more recent, there will likely be one screw that needs to be removed before you attempt to remove the body. See attached photo for reference.
Attachments
IMG_0587 _small.jpeg
IMG_0587 _small.jpeg (61.14 KiB) Viewed 355 times
jonathanb

Postby suntea » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:21 am

Harry wrote:Depending on the Quintet age (some have screws holding them together) you can just use long mounting screws and the body will pop off. Everyone I have used has been the pop off kind just do it slowly and carefully and remove the body without touching the cantilever. I do it all the time, it is not hard.

HW

Tank you Harry.
suntea

Postby suntea » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:21 am

jonathanb wrote:

HW

If the Quintet is more recent, there will likely be one screw that needs to be removed before you attempt to remove the body. See attached photo for reference.

Thanks for the picture - it is the more recent.
suntea

Previous

Return to Harry's Corner