Yesterday a big day

Re: Yesterday a big day

Postby Orchids1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:29 am

Unless you actually visit VPI’s assembly facility, you can’t begin to imagine how small and leanly staffed it really is. VPI’s position and reputation in the industry imply a much larger operation. It’s easy to understand how any number of unexpected production-related occurrences, which could be absorbed by a larger operation, would disrupt VPI’s projected delivery schedule. This isn’t by any means unique to VPI, but is commonplace throughout the audio industry, which consists largely of many small manufacturers and a few big players. It’s also typical of many other high-end products, ranging from wristwatches to chess sets. If you want a high-quality, low-volume product, then design, production, and delivery delays are just an ineluctable (sorry for the five dollar word) consequence of that choice. Rich
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu + tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; Amazon Echo
Orchids1

Postby bdp24 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Very true, Rich. I had to wait a while for Bruce Thigpen to make me a pair of his Eminent Technology LFT-8b loudspeakers, and for Roger Modjeski one of his RM-200 Mk.2 amps. Both worth the wait, as are VPI products. All three companies, makers of very high performance and value products!
bdp24

Postby 33+1third » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:19 pm

I realize VPI is a very small company, the problem for me was before I paid in full and in advance I did ask what the lead time would be. I understand things will happen and (really) quality has no schedule. What bothered me was the repeated scheduled slip dates, then the failure to respond to emails, I was always nice :D .

To me, and maybe I'm expecting too much, keeping a customer just a little bit informed might be a good thing after they sent 11K.

So.....Today I did get to speak to Eric at VPI and he told me my Avenger shipped yesterday. In our conversation Eric did mention that they had hired 3 new employees, for the future customers, that indeed is a good thing
"Music is my Time Machine"
33+1third

Postby Johnny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:59 am

Business 101 = Manage Expectations

This doesn't mean you have to be perfect.
Johnny

Postby Dorian » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Johnny wrote:Business 101 = Manage Expectations

This doesn't mean you have to be perfect.

Agreed 100%. Under promise and over deliver!
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Orchids1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Problem is it’s hard to foresee what you can’t foresee, including the duration of some delays. Hard for small outfits to manage expectations other than to say “We’re small, and unexpected delays can happen.” Readers of the Forum should be familiar with this. Rich
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu + tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; Amazon Echo
Orchids1

Postby JimTimP » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Orchids, I think what people are saying, as I happen to agree, if something new comes up, a call or E-Mail goes a long way in preventing hard feelings. 5 Minutes spent crafting an E-Mail will do wonders for the bottom line over the long term. New business is one way. Return business another.
Teac X-2000R, Otari MX-5050 BIII-2, Manley Stingray II Amp, Yaqin SD-32A CD Player, Zestos Andros PS 1 Phono Preamp, VPI Prime Sig, ADS & 16.5, Soundsmith Voice & Lyra Delos on own arms, Zaph ZRT 2.5 Spkr, Homemade 10" Subs, PS Audio P5
JimTimP

Postby Johnny » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:40 am

33+1third wrote:So.....Today I did get to speak to Eric at VPI and he told me my Avenger shipped yesterday. In our conversation Eric did mention that they had hired 3 new employees, for the future customers, that indeed is a good thing

Has your table arrived yet?
Johnny

Postby 33+1third » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Johnny wrote:
33+1third wrote:So.....Today I did get to speak to Eric at VPI and he told me my Avenger shipped yesterday. In our conversation Eric did mention that they had hired 3 new employees, for the future customers, that indeed is a good thing

Johnny, thanks for asking :D .... Nope :oops: Supposedly to be picked up by FedEx today :shock: Actually I'm expecting space aliens will intercept the delivery.
"Music is my Time Machine"
33+1third

Postby Johnny » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:01 pm

33+1third wrote:
Johnny wrote:

Johnny, thanks for asking :D .... Nope :oops: Supposedly to be picked up by FedEx today :shock: Actually I'm expecting space aliens will intercept the delivery.

Picked up from VPI or your Dealer?
Johnny

PreviousNext

Return to Future VPI Owners