For the same money which one?

Re: For the same money which one?

Postby fischerd » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:21 pm

There is an open box Prime on Soundstage Direct for $2800 as well. That's almost $4k difference compared to the Avenger open box on SSD- still a big difference. If money is an issue, can't beat the Prime for $2800.
fischerd

Postby VinylnValves » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:12 pm

OK so I have decided to forgo the used market and purchase a Prime, now I have to get RCA cables from the junction to my pre-amp. My budget is kind of busted with it being the holidays and all so I am looking for something of great value no more than $150 tops to get through until after the new year. Thinking caps on gent's ;)
VinylnValves

Postby VinylnValves » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 pm

MMMC wrote:My thought is, if it's your last table, go even bigger and get the standard Avenger. There is an "Open box" Avenger listed on the SSD site at $6499.
https://www.soundstagedirect.com/vpii-avenger-open-turntable-audio-equipment.shtml
Not really that much above what you were considering spending, and so much more turntable. Plenty of performance/growth options. Treat yourself! You deserve it!!

PS. At only 50, you more than likely have another 20 years on planet Earth, SO...................
LET THE MUSIC PLAY!!! :mrgreen:

MMMC

Makes sense but too rich for my blood and I don't like how it looks.
VinylnValves

Postby Stringreen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Do not use the Gingko platform....ruins the sound. The dust covers are made well, but unless you have small children or cats, I would stay away from it too.
Stringreen

Postby tony22 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:25 am

Congrats for you but too bad. There's still a sweet HW Classic 3 for sale in the Classified section (cough cough...). :D
Pass XP-20, AVA 600R, Shahinian Diapasons, PS Audio DMP & DS, VPI Avenger with 12" 3DR, Benz SL and L2, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Pass XP-15, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Previous

Return to Future VPI Owners