For the same money which one?

Re: For the same money which one?

Postby fischerd » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:21 pm

There is an open box Prime on Soundstage Direct for $2800 as well. That's almost $4k difference compared to the Avenger open box on SSD- still a big difference. If money is an issue, can't beat the Prime for $2800.
fischerd

Postby VinylnValves » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:12 pm

OK so I have decided to forgo the used market and purchase a Prime, now I have to get RCA cables from the junction to my pre-amp. My budget is kind of busted with it being the holidays and all so I am looking for something of great value no more than $150 tops to get through until after the new year. Thinking caps on gent's ;)
VinylnValves

Postby VinylnValves » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 pm

MMMC wrote:My thought is, if it's your last table, go even bigger and get the standard Avenger. There is an "Open box" Avenger listed on the SSD site at $6499.
https://www.soundstagedirect.com/vpii-avenger-open-turntable-audio-equipment.shtml
Not really that much above what you were considering spending, and so much more turntable. Plenty of performance/growth options. Treat yourself! You deserve it!!

PS. At only 50, you more than likely have another 20 years on planet Earth, SO...................
LET THE MUSIC PLAY!!! :mrgreen:

MMMC

Makes sense but too rich for my blood and I don't like how it looks.
VinylnValves

Postby Stringreen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Do not use the Gingko platform....ruins the sound. The dust covers are made well, but unless you have small children or cats, I would stay away from it too.
Stringreen

Postby tony22 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:25 am

Congrats for you but too bad. There's still a sweet HW Classic 3 for sale in the Classified section (cough cough...). :D
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Previous

Return to Future VPI Owners