Ortofon A-95 alert

Ortofon A-95 alert

Postby Harry » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Mat has purchased all the Ortofon A-95's in the USA (we love them) and has given me the okay to sell the three A-95's we have used at the various shows over the last two years. They retail for $6500.00 and if anyone is interested I can let them go for $3900.00. They are in mint condition having only been used at the shows by me or Mat, no one else touches the table when a big cartridge is in it. I doubt they have 30 hours on them. Let me know if anyone is interested.

If no one responds they will go on Audiogon or E-bay since we have a two year supply in house now.

hw@hwsworkshop.com

HW
Harry
Admin

Re: Ortofon A-95 alert

Postby TonyP » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 am

I just wanted to say that Harry turned me on to the A-95 about a year and a half ago and it is what I now use in my Classic Direct. You cannot ask for a better cartridge - it is neutral, revealing and yet musical all at the same time. At this price this is the bargain of the decade. I did have one very minor problem with it that (as usual) Harry solved.

I am using the A95 in an JMW 12 3DR arm. In spite of checking both the platter level and the azimuth level (I actually use a laser leveling system made by Bosch) there was a pronounced wobble in the cartridge even on dead flat records. (I suspect that this wobble may be due to the very light mass (6 grams) of the A95 because I have a second JMW 12 3D arm that has my older Benz-Micro Ruby 3 cartridge in it and it wobbles much less.) I saw Harry last fall at the NYC Audio Show and talked to him about the problem. He immediately said get the Dual Pivot Assembly (DPA).

I ordered the DPA (had to wait 3 or 4 weeks for it to ship because it was back ordered - these things must be selling fast) and installed it. The process of getting the loading of the second pivot point right, the azimuth level and the VTF correct is iterative, however, once I got it locked in I was amazed at how well it works. No more wobble and the A95 sounds even better.

Harry, once again, thank you so much! When it comes to turntable you are THE MAN!!! :D
TonyP

Postby adeep42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:58 pm

I don't know if any one else has taken advantage of Harry's offer, but I couldn't resist. Today, I set aside a large block of time to do maintenance on the Prime and install the A-95. I am so completely delighted. TonyP said it all in the above post. I really enjoyed my Cadenza Bronze (a Harry recommendation as well), but the detail and transparency with a good recording is mind blowing!! I am going to be listening to a lot of vinyl.

THANK YOU HARRY!!!!!
Prime #631+Dual Pivot
Eden Sound TerraCone Footers
Wayne's Outer Ring
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon A-95
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre & Mono-blocks
Martin Logan Summit X's
adeep42

Postby Dorian » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:57 pm

adeep42 wrote:I don't know if any one else has taken advantage of Harry's offer, but I couldn't resist. Today, I set aside a large block of time to do maintenance on the Prime and install the A-95. I am so completely delighted. TonyP said it all in the above post. I really enjoyed my Cadenza Bronze (a Harry recommendation as well), but the detail and transparency with a good recording is mind blowing!! I am going to be listening to a lot of vinyl.

THANK YOU HARRY!!!!!

Congrats! I was, and still am, VERY tempted to take Harry up on this offer....
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby asindc » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:22 pm

If any are still available I’m interested.
Anthony
Analog:VPI CLASSIC 3-Rosewood/Ortofon Cadenza Black> ASR Basis Exclusive--->
Digital: AURENDER N10>CARY 306 SACD PRO--->

==>Cary SLP-05> Bryston 28B-SST2> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES
asindc

Postby adeep42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:06 am

asindc wrote:If any are still available I’m interested.

I believe Harry's away until early February. I'd guess that Mat can help.
Prime #631+Dual Pivot
Wayne's Outer Ring
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon A-95
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
Martin Logan Summit X's
adeep42

Postby asindc » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:47 pm

adeep42 wrote:
asindc wrote:If any are still available I’m interested.

I believe Harry's away until early February. I'd guess that Mat can help.

Thanks. What cart were you running before the A95?
Anthony

asindc

Postby adeep42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 pm

asindc, My previous cart was an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, also a Harry recommendation. The A-95 is a big dollar step up, even at Harry's generous offering price, but the gains are more than just incremental.
Prime #631+Dual Pivot
Wayne's Outer Ring
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon A-95
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
Martin Logan Summit X's
adeep42

Postby asindc » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:01 pm

adeep42 wrote:asindc, My previous cart was an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, also a Harry recommendation. The A-95 is a big dollar step up, even at Harry's generous offering price, but the gains are more than just incremental.

Thanks.
Anthony

asindc

Postby Harry » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:22 am

I'm back. I was away for two weeks working on my tan and have two A-95's left. I'll hold them until the end of the week and then will sell them to the world for $4500.00. If ant of you guys want one a $200.00 deposit will hold it as long as you need.

HW
Harry
Admin

Next

Return to Harry's Corner