Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:38 pm

It appears that for whatever reasons Harry is no longer participating on the Forum. This S_CKS! IMHO :oops: Maybe it is time to delete Harry's corner as his participation has ceased. Why have it otherwise?...Harry's involvement & occasional controversial commentary is what made this forum interesting and pulled me in to participate. Without Harry there is really not a lot going on here anymore aside from the continuous rehash of the same newbie set up questions that have been answered and answered over and over again....Anyone else agree???

Stirring the POT :mrgreen:
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Letsmakeadeal wrote: Maybe it is time to delete Harry's corner as his participation has ceased. Why have it otherwise?...Harry's involvement & occasional controversial commentary is what made this forum interesting and pulled me in to participate. Without Harry there is really not a lot going on here anymore aside from the continuous rehash of the same newbie set up questions that have been answered and answered over and over again....Anyone else agree???

Stirring the POT :mrgreen:


Your idea that the forum is worthless without Harry's participation is not accurate. You were a newbie at one time probably asking the same questions that are being asked now. As far as Harry goes, he's just one man with an opinion like everyone else. I for one have not missed him. Life goes on.
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
User avatar
Ayre Conditioned
Senior Member
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Dorian » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Hey Ayre, you changed your avatar, I always liked that yellow vinyl you had before. Why the change?
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
User avatar
Dorian
Senior Member
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:14 pm
Location: Westchester, New York

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Marc » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Dorian wrote:Hey Ayre, you changed your avatar, I always liked that yellow vinyl you had before. Why the change?

I personally love the blue in the new Avatar. But everyone already knows I'm a sucker for anything blue :lol:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI Aries 3D| Ortofon Quintet Black| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
User avatar
Marc
Site Admin
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:28 am
Location: Cliffwood, New Jersey

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Orchids1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:52 pm

I've also found that the Forum is becoming less interesting. (It was a refreshing change of pace to read rateourmover's recent post.) However, there are only so many questions that can be asked, and most of them have been and have been answered. Like so many other things, it may be that the members who joined the Forum early on will become less active, and its new members will become the second generation of active participants. That would be a good thing. Rich
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1
Moderator
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Johnny » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Who would answer questions of an engineering/highly technical nature or can answer a question on a legacy product?

I know that HW is semi-retired and I bet he takes the entire summer off. My guess is that we will start to see his participation in the upcoming months.
Johnny
Senior Member
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:26 am

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Dorian wrote:Hey Ayre, you changed your avatar, I always liked that yellow vinyl you had before. Why the change?


This is my new reference turntable. It just replaced my Prime Signature, which I will be putting up for sale here shortly. Just kidding. Got sick of the yellow one.
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
User avatar
Ayre Conditioned
Senior Member
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Ayre Conditioned wrote:
Letsmakeadeal wrote: Maybe it is time to delete Harry's corner as his participation has ceased. Why have it otherwise?...Harry's involvement & occasional controversial commentary is what made this forum interesting and pulled me in to participate. Without Harry there is really not a lot going on here anymore aside from the continuous rehash of the same newbie set up questions that have been answered and answered over and over again....Anyone else agree???

Stirring the POT :mrgreen:


Your idea that the forum is worthless without Harry's participation is not accurate. You were a newbie at one time probably asking the same questions that are being asked now. As far as Harry goes, he's just one man with an opinion like everyone else. I for one have not missed him. Life goes on.


I did not say cancel the Forum or that the Forum was worthless - Only suggested to Cancel Harry's Corner...You are entitled to your opinion just as I am, but for me the overall FORUM is not the same without Harry, Good or Bad!
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Johnny wrote:Who would answer questions of an engineering/highly technical nature or can answer a question on a legacy product?

I know that HW is semi-retired and I bet he takes the entire summer off. My guess is that we will start to see his participation in the upcoming months.


Who answers them now? Hope you are correct re. the Summer off concept. That would be a good thing! IMO :P
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Delete Harry's Corner ?''

Postby mreeter » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:23 am

I think Harry has been busy this Summer getting ready for a huge Estate Sale

https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/South-Am ... t=McIntosh

My guess is that he is going to actually retire one day. Might be the reason Mat has mentioned a "New" VPI House for Display and Demonstration, maybe the original has been sold, or will soon be on the Market.

Pure speculation on my part :)
Last edited by mreeter on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPI Classic Signature SE/Soundsmith Zephyr
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblock Amps
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires
User avatar
mreeter
Senior Member
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Next

Return to Harry's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

x