Really Missing Harry's occasional "Bombs" and "Tweets" here

Re: Really Missing Harry's occasional "Bombs" and "Tweets" h

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Good, Bad or Indifferent, Harry's presence and perspective make this forum more enjoyable for many of us. If some don't like it, tough beans. We are very capable of weeding through the chaff ourselves when necessary. For the naysayers and haters, with little to no respect, please go waste your time somewhere else! :twisted:
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Letsmakeadeal

Postby macster » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Letsmakeadeal wrote:Good, Bad or Indifferent, Harry's presence and perspective make this forum more enjoyable for many of us. If some don't like it, tough beans. We are very capable of weeding through the chaff ourselves when necessary. For the naysayers and haters, with little respect, please go waste your time somewhere else! :twisted:

:x

We seriously need a "like" button.

M~
Don't sweat the small stuff
macster

Postby JimTimP » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Wow!!! The Unjolly Green Giant has spoken. :o
Teac X-2000R, Otari MX-5050 BIII-2, Manley Stingray II Amp, Yaqin SD-32A CD Player, Zestos Andros PS 1 Phono Preamp, VPI Prime Sig, ADS & 16.5, Soundsmith Voice & Lyra Delos on Separate Arms, Zaph ZRT 2.5 Spkr, Homemade 10" Subs, JTP Cables
JimTimP

Postby Tim » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:15 pm

Ban PE and bring Harry back. Can we do a poll?
Tim

Postby Johnny » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:16 pm

I like PE's forum contribution when he stays on topic but he has a Real tough time not turning his post into a personal attack against VPI and Harry. Not sure why he has such a counter productive agenda.
Johnny

Postby Orchids1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am

I don't think that anyone doubts that Phoenix made great products. I certainly don't, and I wish they still made them.

VPI and Phoenix have very different design philosophies, and each is absolutely convinced of its own correctness and superiority. That polarity (to use an electronics term) was part of the reason why it was difficult for them to stay on topic. They simply talked past one and other. There were other reasons as well, which are pretty easy to understand.

While the VPI and Phoenix exchanges were sometimes frustrated, heated and angry, I don't think any of them could be considered truly "hateful". Nor do I now recall that any of the members' posts fell into that category. I think the "ADS thread" was terminated mainly because everything of substance that could have been said, had been said, and it was pointless to continue to stir the ashes.

In any case, let's not import the controversy of that earlier thread into this thread, which has an entirely different subject matter and a somewhat humorous bent. Let's also not confuse criticism and frustrated differences of opinion with naysaying and hate. Instead, let's refocus this thread on the topic at hand. Rich
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby Tim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Did you read the post by PE in this thread?! What you are saying makes absolutely no sense...at all. The whole point of this thread is that it sucks that Harry doesn't post here any more. The reason he doesn't is because of crap like the post in question. Unbelievable.

Orchids1 wrote:
I don't think that anyone doubts that Phoenix made great products. I certainly don't, and I wish they still made them.

VPI and Phoenix have very different design philosophies, and each is absolutely convinced of its own correctness and superiority. That polarity (to use an electronics term) was part of the reason why it was difficult for them to stay on topic. They simply talked past one and other. There were other reasons as well, which are pretty easy to understand.

While the VPI and Phoenix exchanges were sometimes frustrated, heated and angry, I don't think any of them could be considered truly "hateful". Nor do I now recall that any of the members' posts fell into that category. I think the "ADS thread" was terminated mainly because everything of substance that could have been said, had been said, and it was pointless to continue to stir the ashes.

In any case, let's not import the controversy of that earlier thread into this thread, which has an entirely different subject matter and a somewhat humorous bent. Let's also not confuse criticism and frustrated differences of opinion with naysaying and hate. Instead, let's refocus this thread on the topic at hand. Rich
Tim

Postby Orchids1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:22 am

Tim, Of course I read Phoenix's post. I don't find it hateful or "crap". I do find it critical, opinionated and probably resentful, none of which is particularly offensive to me. However, Phoenix's comments are misplaced, and don't belong in this thread, which, as you note, deals with an entirely separate topic.

I haven't been told that my observations, here or elsewhere, "make absolutely no sense at all" in quite a long time--possibly, ever. I don't find that rebuke hateful or crap either, but I do find it discourteous, and its somewhat consistent with Phoenix's otherwise erroneous remark concerning Harry's "adoring fans".

If you actually believe that Harry is deterred from posting in the Forum because of caustic posts such as Phoenix's, then you don't know Harry very well. He's a dyed-in-the-wool entrepreneur, who has built a highly-successful Company making internationally respected products in the face of stiff competition from larger, established manufacturers and against very high odds. He's got big balls.

I've expressed my views. Now, you've said your piece. We should move on with the original subject of this thread. Rich
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby tom collins » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 pm

I would also like to hear from Harry.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring + center weight, 12.0 arm, base and 12.7 armwand, SDS, SRA platform; Delos, Zu, Grado ME+ carts; Musical Surroundings Nova 2, custom SUT; Cary 30i prototype EL34 integrated amp; Devore Gibbon 8 speakers; PSB sub.
tom collins

Postby Mat » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 am

Hey all, no worries on the missing Harry... he is alive and well. Some things have been happening on the back end, all good, but has been a positive distraction (more news on that much later). In fact, I will include a secret message when that news comes up that directly relates to this thread.

Was there something about an echo or was someone just breaking wind? :lol:
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Harry's Corner