Really Missing Harry's occasional "Bombs" and "Tweets" here

Really Missing Harry's occasional "Bombs" and "Tweets" here

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Anyone besides me finding this place a little bit boring without Harry's more frequent participation? I would like to start a petition to seek Harry's pop in participation at least once a week in a semi live thread called "Coffee with Harry" Don't know if he would want to play? but I think it might be fun and educational. Anyone else like the idea? :D
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Letsmakeadeal

Re: Really Missing Harry's occasional "Bombs" and "Tweets" h

Postby MOON » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:36 pm

I had noticed as well that Harry hasn't been on the forum much lately. I really miss Harry's post as well. I really appreciate improvements and advancements such as the dual pivot point, etc . I also like Harry's passion for this hobby which makes things better for all of us.

Maybe things like the ads thread put a damper on Harry's perticipation. If you read that forum topic which was shut down it's fully understandable. Hopefully Harry will participate more. Your input has been missed.
Prime 152, symposium inserts, Lyra Kloes, Stillpoints LPI, HRS platform, Funk Firm Achromat,, Simaudio 610 lp Evolution phono stage & P -7 pre, W -5 LE amp, Audience Adept Response R 12 conditioner, Martin Logan Odyssey's & Depth I subs
MOON

Postby Gary1955 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:15 am

Letsmakeadeal "Coffee with Harry" sounds like a great idea, if Harry is willing to do it!
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover.
Gary1955

Postby Johnny » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:00 am

I like the idea, but what is the difference between Harry's corner and coffee with Harry??
Johnny

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:07 am

@ Johnny

Hopefully periodic and pre-announced "Harry appearances" at scheduled times for members to interface with "his Excellence" directly in a structured chat like format....Asking too much???? Probably :?:
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Letsmakeadeal

Postby Orchids1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:10 pm

You want him back, just post some really negative comments about the ADS or something else in Harry's Corner, and hang on for the ride. Rich
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:04 pm

@ Rich
:D :mrgreen: :D
Letsmakeadeal

Postby Phoenix Engineering » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Letsmakeadeal wrote:@ Johnny

Hopefully periodic and pre-announced "Harry appearances" at scheduled times for members to interface with "his Excellence" directly in a structured chat like format....Asking too much???? Probably :?:

It would probably be fun and interesting as long as the number of participants is kept to a reasonable number for each session....Don't know if their Forum will accommodate limiting a thread to say 10 members by ID or not? If so, interested parties could sign up in advance???

I know, I am going nuts here.... :?

What you're describing sounds a lot like an echo chamber...Harry talking and his adoring fans listening and not questioning. I find it interesting that it doesn't seem to matter to you that a number of things Harry has said on the forums are just plain wrong (I have plenty of examples if you're interested). When someone questions VPI's logic or posts easily verifiable measurements that contradict their assertions, they don't seem to have much of an answer other than to promise a response (which never comes), run to the safety of listening tests, or to rant like a mad man at the messenger.

I don't think you have long to wait for the echo chamber you desire. With the deletion, locking and editing of threads, this forum is already there.....
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth, because they don't want their illusions destroyed..." --Nietzsche
Phoenix Engineering

Postby Orchids1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:56 pm

That ought to do it. Rich
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby Spsesq » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Ok, now I'm going to watch this thread.... :roll:
VPI 2017 Prime Scout
Ortofon 2M Black
Eagle PSU/Roadrunner tachometer
Rogue Audio Cronos Magnum II Amp.
BlueSound Vault
Harmon Kardan TD262 tape deck
Sony SCD-CE595 SACD/CD player
Schiit Vali 2 headphone amp