VAS Nova Cart,

Re: VAS Nova Cart,

Postby Harry » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:07 am

I am silently telling everyone that I am now listening to the VAS NOVA on my modified 3D arm which is now using a stabilizing second point on the left side and it is so good we were listening last night and had no urge to put the Atlas in!! This is serious stuff guys, the modification on the 3D arm is so amazing it literally raises the arm up to a new level. As a plus for us older guys it no longer rocks, that makes me very happy, a unipivot with no wobbles.

Bass tightens up, the NOVA sings in this arm, focus becomes razer tight, and you hear things in the background you missed completely. I love analog, it gets better and better every week. Best of all any 3D arm can be modded for about $100 bucks.

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby 10ovr » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:55 am

Harry wrote:I am silently telling everyone that I am now listening to the VAS NOVA on my modified 3D arm which is now using a stabilizing second point on the left side and it is so good we were listening last night and had no urge to put the Atlas in!! This is serious stuff guys, the modification on the 3D arm is so amazing it literally raises the arm up to a new level. As a plus for us older guys it no longer rocks, that makes me very happy, a unipivot with no wobbles.

Bass tightens up, the NOVA sings in this arm, focus becomes razer tight, and you hear things in the background you missed completely. I love analog, it gets better and better every week. Best of all any 3D arm can be modded for about $100 bucks.

HW

How about some Pix of this mod,,,,
10ovr

Postby Lewisranchmike » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:55 pm

Harry wrote:I am silently telling everyone that I am now listening to the VAS NOVA on my modified 3D arm which is now using a stabilizing second point on the left side and it is so good we were listening last night and had no urge to put the Atlas in!! This is serious stuff guys, the modification on the 3D arm is so amazing it literally raises the arm up to a new level. As a plus for us older guys it no longer rocks, that makes me very happy, a unipivot with no wobbles.

HW

Hello Harry:

I am listening to my VAS NOVA .4mv on a Santana Master. Please tell us all you can about this 2nd pivot upgrade and how we can do it?????

Best,

Mike in Austin
VPI PRIME #58
VAS Nova Gold
Symposium inserts
Symposium Seque Iso
VPI Periphery Ring
Eagle PSU, Roadrunner Tach
Audio Research Reference Phono 2 SE
Audio Research Reference 5SE
McIntosh MC252
Vandersteen 3A Signature
Lewisranchmike

Re: VAS Nova Cart, .4mV for sale

Postby Lewisranchmike » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:54 am

Hello Guys:

Everything said about the VAS Nova is true. I currently have a .4mV Signature and I am now moving to a .25mV and would like to sell my .4mV to help finance. It has 290hrs and is SUPERB. Asking $1200 to include shipping. Contact me lewisranchmike@gmail.com.

Mike in Austin
VPI PRIME #58
VAS Nova Gold
Symposium inserts
Symposium Seque Iso
VPI Periphery Ring
McIntosh MC252
Vandersteen 3A Signature
Lewisranchmike

Postby 930turbo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi ,

Whats the difference between the VAS Nova Signature and the non signature model. Is there a price difference between the 2 ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards ,

VPI TNT 6,w/Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X 12.7 Lyra Kleos,ARC REF5SE line stage, REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,a pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A spkr
930turbo

Postby TomD » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:33 pm

930turbo wrote:Hi ,
Whats the difference between the VAS Nova Signature and the non signature model. Is there a price difference between the 2 ?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards ,

1) Regular is .8Mv output, Signature is .4Mv output
2) Regular is aluminum cantilever, Signature is Boron

There may be other differences, but those were the main things Steve mentioned when I ordered mine.
VPI Prime Signature w/SDS, VAS Nova Sig., Parasound JC3 Phono, Parasound P7 Pre, Pass Labs XA30.8 Amplifier, Salk Exotica Monitors, 2X Salk 15" Subwoofers
TomD

Postby Lewisranchmike » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:20 pm

Thanks in advance,

Best regards ,

TomD summed it up pretty well. Not sure of price difference but I think it was $1850 new.

Best,

Mike
VPI PRIME #58
VAS Nova Gold
Symposium inserts
Symposium Seque Iso
VPI Periphery Ring
McIntosh MC252
Vandersteen 3A Signature
Lewisranchmike

Postby 930turbo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Thanks for the info guys . My sister got her self the signature model w/ the Boron Cantilever for her Aries 3 .

VPI TNT 6,w/Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X 12.7 Lyra Kleos,ARC REF5SE line stage, REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,a pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A spkr
930turbo

Postby 10ovr » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:38 pm

Lewisranchmike wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Best regards ,

TomD summed it up pretty well. Not sure of price difference but I think it was $1850 new.

Best,Mike
Vas Nova .8 is $1500 retail,,$1300 with 20% off when on sale,,,
10ovr

Postby Harry » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:51 am

The low output Nova is truly one of the best cartridges I have ever heard. Like all great things it has a character and it is a character I personally like.

I will be having Steve make me a version of the Nova that will retail for less than $1K for music lovers that do not need the last word in detail but enjoy the flow, the rhythm, and the pace of analog music and can do without the crystal clear reproduction of a hiccup!!

Some of the greatest analog performances can do with a little less detail and a lot more goosebumps.

HW
Harry
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Harry's Corner