Future and currrent model Fatboy Specs......

Future and currrent model Fatboy Specs......

Postby MMMC » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:47 am

Hello Harry,

Where are the specifications listed for the current Fatboy tonearms? Currently the products page only provides;

VPI Fatboy Tonearm

More information to come!

This, of course, is NOT a priority response type post. I am merely "attempting" to prepare for the future, with an arm that will be even longer length and higher mass, along with a higher cost due to lower production. You've also already indicated a likely Effective length of 14 in to 16 in. Do you think there will also be an "R" version of the arm? You have also forewarned that it will "maybe" be a 2019 product at best, therefore I still know that I need to begin saving now. If you do not feel ready to reveal any information now due to any million and one reasons, just leave this in Harry's Corner until the time is proper to reveal the details. Great drama!!

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Re: Future and currrent model Fatboy Specs......

Postby Brf » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:26 am

Hey MMMC, prior to installing my Fatboy gimbal I calculated/measured the effective mass of both the 12-3DR and Fatboy. I’m not home at the moment, but I will post my results later.

I can also confirm that the arm pillar outrigger arm board that I put on my HRX can easily accommodate a 14-16” tonearm.

I’m still dialing in the Fatboy, but I can confirm that it’s the real deal.

Sorry for the thread detour.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:13 am

The specs will be very simple, no offset angle really lowers the number count. I will post all the details when we lock down the numbers. Mat, who runs the company now does not like updates or changes once announced so I have to hold my breath and finish the entire thing before releasing any data!! The Christmas rush, two shows, and the VPI house did not help in getting things done this year, way to busy.

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby 33+1third » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Is Matt L-A-Z-Y ?
"Music is my Time Machine"
33+1third

Postby Harry » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:19 am

If working 80 hours a week and answering your e-mails on holidays I guess he is.

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby MMMC » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:26 am

Brf wrote:Hey MMMC, prior to installing my Fatboy gimbal I calculated/measured the effective mass of both the 12-3DR and Fatboy. I’m not home at the moment, but I will post my results later.

I can also confirm that the arm pillar outrigger arm board that I put on my HRX can easily accommodate a 14-16” tonearm.

I’m still dialing in the Fatboy, but I can confirm that it’s the real deal.

Sorry for the thread detour.

Brf,
I do not consider your information a detour at all. It is in fact, vital information as all of this moves forward, no matter how slowly, but as I stated in the original lines of the post, all of this is information gathering and an attempt to be prepared. As always, most often time passes faster than the cash is accumulated and a working plan laid out. Thanks for any, and all, information you can provide based on your experiences with the dual arm mounting on your HRX.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby MMMC » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:06 am

Harry wrote:The specs will be very simple, no offset angle really lowers the number count. I will post all the details when we lock down the numbers. Mat, who runs the company now does not like updates or changes once announced so I have to hold my breath and finish the entire thing before releasing any data!! The Christmas rush, two shows, and the VPI house did not help in getting things done this year, way to busy.

HW

Harry,

As I stated, I am in absolutely no rush, nor hurry. I completely understand Mat's concerns, and as I have willingly confessed, I don't have the cash saved if it was anywhere near available for purchase tomorrow. I also have not resolved in my head as to which design, unipivot or gimbal I will choose to install. I also could be overstepping my budget and practicality by attempting to implement 2 arms instead of one, especially since I could have the trade-in/discount, possible for my 12 in 3DR could tip the scales on the total cash outlay for two arms and two cartridges. Here again I must confess to always desiring a table with 2 arms and 2 carts. Maybe only one 14in, or one 16in will be more than enough, leaving no desire for additional cartridge purchases and headaches. I will not be the person attempting to push the release date forward for the 14, or the 16, for my satisfaction. Take all the development time needed so all is well with the 1st editions of both lengths. Exciting times ahead at VPI!!!

MMMC
MMMC

Postby Harry » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:51 am

Good answer MMMC, getting it right the first time saves everyone money in the long run.

We are testing and listening, testing and listening, and using 24-192 hi rez digital to remove any doubt as to what and what should not be produced in blind testing.

Sit tight, the fun is coming.

HW
Harry
Admin

Return to Harry's Corner