Vas Nova/HW reviews and comparison

Vas Nova/HW reviews and comparison

Postby aztwang » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:51 pm

So now that many have had a chance to play with their Steve/Harry Vas Nova carts lets hear some reviews and
comparison to other carts you have used in the recent past!!
Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP-- EL34- Marantz TT15-S1-- Sumiko Blackbird
Mobile Fidelity Studio Phono stage-- Blue Jeans Interconnects & Blue Jeans Speaker cable--
Goldenear Triton 1’s
aztwang

Re: Vas Nova/HW reviews and comparison

Postby JimmyL » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:41 pm

I'd also be interested to hear what some thought of these. I'm hoping to make a change of cartridge but don't have the budget to try a variety so I've been hoping to find a good solid choice. So far, the Soundsmith cart seems to be a very good choice but.....
VPI HW19 mod’ed MK3 w/10.5i, VAS Nova Special .4mV, Musical Paradise MP501 V2 Integrated Tube amp, MP Tube Phono Pre, MP Tube D1 DAC, Harbeth P3esr’s
JimmyL

Postby aztwang » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:11 pm

JimmyL wrote:I'd also be interested to hear what some thought of these. I'm hoping to make a change of cartridge but don't have the budget to try a variety so I've been hoping to find a good solid choice. So far, the Soundsmith cart seems to be a very good choice but.....

Jimmy,
Very true...several have posted about the Soundsmith MIMC saying they are close but the Vas may be a bit smoother, not fatiguing at all. Very anxious to hear what others say!!
Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP-- EL34- Marantz TT15-S1-- Sumiko Blackbird
Mobile Fidelity Studio Phono stage-- Blue Jeans Interconnects & Blue Jeans Speaker cable--
Goldenear Triton 1’s
aztwang

Postby Harry » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 pm

That's the big one, you cam listen for hours as there is no high frequency peak.

HW
Harry
Admin

Return to Harry's Corner