record weight

Re: record weight

Postby mike_ » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:09 pm

I brought a Stillpoints LPI home from work to try out the other night and was blown away by the difference it made from the stock delrin clamp on my Scout 1.1... it was easy to pick out in a blind A/B test.

I had my buddy switch between the two on the Cisco 30th anniversary pressing of Steely Dan's AJA. The bass tightened up and it also helped with acoustic instruments, ESPECIALLY piano, making them appear more focused and fast. I did not know which was which and picked out the LPI 4 out of 5 times. I don't know what's going on with that thing, some voodoo or something, but it's an amazing product. Just placed an order for one. Simple as that.
mike_

Postby vienna acoustics » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:59 pm

+1
Amplifiers:Gryphon Pandora,Gryphon Mephisto Stereo,Gryphon Legato Legacy
Speakers;Vienna Acoustics,The Music, VPIAvengerReference/FatBoy12” Gimbal&Fatboy 12” unip/LPI Stillpoints,Lyra Etna, AT ART 1000DigitalAurenderN10, EMM DA2, Torus AVR
vienna acoustics

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:53 pm

We have been using Gary Koh's idea for the clamp and the tape on the platter surface for almost a year, we used it at the Capitol Audio fest this past fall. It really works and is highly recommended. For purchased items I personally use the Stillpoints record weight when recording albums to hi rez digital, I love that little beast.

HW
Harry
Admin

Previous

Return to Harry's Corner