REPAIRING CARTRIDGES!

REPAIRING CARTRIDGES!

Postby Harry » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:35 pm

Okay, I am gobsmacked, Steve Leung of VAS NOVA fame just fixed my damaged Atlas and it works as well as new, maybe better. If you need your cartridge fixed I cannot recommend him more highly. My cantilever was frozen in place due to debris lodging in the body and wedging against the coils from a damaged body, he took it apart, cleaned it out, repaired the body, made it look like new and it plays perfectly. What more can I say, he saved me a multi thousand dollar trip back to Japan.

HW
Harry
Admin

Re: REPAIRING CARTRIDGES!

Postby Peer Gynt » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 am

Thanks for the recommendation.

I’ve been using Soundsmith, but it’s good to have more than one option.
Peer Gynt

Postby Orchids1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:23 am

I’ve never tried Steven, but I think it would be very hard to improve on SoundSmith’s repair quality, which is truly better than new, and service, which is timely, knowledgeable, and completed at the estimated price. I’m a big fan. Rich
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu + tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; Amazon Echo
Orchids1

Postby jonathanb » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:58 am

I've had both Steve and Soundsmith repair cartridges. Each has worked on two (different) cartridges for me and the results from both have superb. I enthusiastically recommend both Steve (VAS) and Soundsmith for your cartridge (and electronics) repair needs.
jonathanb

Postby Peer Gynt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm

I sent Steve a cartridge earlier this month. The cantilever had gotten skewed and I gave him carte blanche to do whatever he saw fit to do.

The time in his shop was only one week, and I think the total time from first contact to home was less than three weeks. It came back today.

Now I’ll get to improve/work on my unipivot set up skills.

It looks nice. I think the repair may have just involved realigning the cantilever, but that’s still specialized “above my pay grade” work. And, in spite of my protests, he would not accept any money. Not even for the return shipping.

This was not a warranty repair, but it was a VAS cartridge.

All in all, it was a very pleasant interaction, and I am becoming a fan of VAS. I would buy more of his cartridges, and I would feel very comfortable sending him other cartridges for repair or retipping.
Peer Gynt

Postby Harry » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:15 pm

If you don't try and pull a fast one, or act like an ********* he is a wonderful guy to do business with.

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby Peer Gynt » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Harry wrote:If you don't try and pull a fast one, or act like an ********* he is a wonderful guy to do business with.

HW

Thanks for bringing him to our attention. It is always a pleasure to support the good guys. :)
Peer Gynt

Return to Harry's Corner