Working on Harry

Working on Harry

Postby Mat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:45 pm

Hey all, working on getting Harry motivated to hop back on here more again. After the weirdness of a certain person who really overstepped... boundaries? and the overall continued WTF of the world Harry hasn't been as accessible as in the past. Good news, while he is being a hermit he is testing and measuring like everything he can get his hands on. At the moment he has been measuring a cross section of different phono stages and plans to post his findings when he is finished. So no worries, he is still around :D
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Re: Working on Harry

Postby tom collins » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:11 am

Thank you for the update on your father. I feel a direct connection with him whenever I play my TNT. He built it well and it has lasted. Bravo Harry.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring, weight, 12.0, 12.7, 3d arms, SDS, SRA platform; Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, SS Gold Denon, Grado ME+ carts; Cary PH302/2 phono; Coincident Frankenstein IIs and preamp; Devore 88 speakers; 2 Goldenear Supersubs.
tom collins

Re Harry

Postby Khenegar » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:06 am

i feel he has contributed so much to vpi as owner and developer, i have talked with him personally when he started out selling the model 16 record cleaner i had a problem with it and he told me how to correct it over the phone! he was very kind and professional . i’m glad that his business has grown and become very successful. even when i bought my classic 1 turntable i had problems and he helped me with that. Good man. and his son Mat is an equal to his father.
Khenegar

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:56 pm

“After the weirdness of a certain person who really overstepped... boundaries?”

Please elaborate.
VPI Prime | Ortofon A95 | Herron VTPH-2A | Luxman590axii Integrated | KEF Reference 1 | SOTA Condor & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 3000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

harry

Postby Khenegar » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:16 pm

dorian what was the weirdness ur talking about? we’re did they over step boundaries ? please explain!
Khenegar

Postby teenage diplomat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:57 pm

Mat,

Glad to hear that we will be seeing you and your Dad at the upcoming Capitol Audiofest! Cheers, Teenage Diplomat
teenage diplomat

Re: harry

Postby madrac » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:14 pm

Khenegar wrote:dorian what was the weirdness ur talking about? we’re did they over step boundaries ? please explain!

Dorian was referencing a comment in Mat's post and asking to elaborate....guess that's up to Mat.
VPI Classic 1-Fatboy, VTA tower,periphery ring,PE Eagle & RR, HW16.5, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's SUT, Rogue RP5 & ST100, Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Rythmik E15HPx2, Audio Sensibility, Blue Jeans ICs, Symposium & Isoacoustics
madrac

Postby Mat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:02 am

More accurately, Dad/Harry loves talking to people about tubes vs solid state, what exciting ideas he is having, gimbal vs uni... but when people start getting into hardcore day to day production questions, that's out of his wheel house. Clearly he knows what we are doing but he doesn't know the production cycle, costs, lead times, and things like that anymore. Someone pushed that envelope, created a lot of stress for everyone, and... well that's all in the past now.
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby tom collins » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:54 am

It is good for the group to be reminded that Harry is actually retired and not connected to the day to day. Would you say that asking him to get involved with such issues when one of the group is having a problem is not advised? I am not trying to be snarky, just thinking if we could set some parameters and stick to them, that Harry would enjoy his participation in the group again and we would have the pleasure of his company.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring, weight, 12.0, 12.7, 3d arms, SDS, SRA platform; Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, SS Gold Denon, Grado ME+ carts; Cary PH302/2 phono; Coincident Frankenstein IIs and preamp; Devore 88 speakers; 2 Goldenear Supersubs.
tom collins

Return to Harry's Corner