New Direct Drive DIY coming

Re: New Direct Drive DIY coming

Postby Harry » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Like I said in the other thread, I am using a Direct Drive Avenger for the last three weeks with the DD module in a machined aluminum can so it can be dropped into almost anything including your former Corian countertop or walnut coffee table. It will be a self contained unit and all you need is a large enough hole to drop it into.

The on-off and speed buttons will be on the can or remote so it will work either way. It really runs beautifully, just like the HW-40 but with the capabilities of being mounted anywhere and using any amount of tonearms.

Bear with us as we fight through the supply problems caused by you know what!!!

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby LarryRS » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:02 pm

Thanks for the update. Sounds great. Anxious to upgrade my Primes.
VPI Prime/DS Audio DS003 system/Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star/Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme 1.3/BHK Signature 300 monoblocks/Magneplanar 3.7i
VPI Prime/Hana ML/Bob's Sky/JC3 Jr./ARC LS28SE/BHK Signature 250/Magneplanar 1.7i
LarryRS

Postby LarryRS » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Been awhile so I figured I'd check in. Any word on progress toward the DD kit? Thanks.

LarryRS
VPI Prime/DS Audio DS003 system/Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star/Backert Labs Rhumba Extreme 1.3/BHK Signature 300 monoblocks/Magneplanar 3.7i
VPI Prime/Hana ML/Bob's Sky/JC3 Jr./ARC LS28SE/BHK Signature 250/Magneplanar 1.7i
LarryRS

Postby Stringreen » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:02 pm

I have a SuperScoutmaster....happy with it for years.... over the years updated the Classic table, the rim drive, the 10.5 with 2nd pivot. Will the d/d work for my Alta cocker (old guy) cost effective?
Stringreen

Previous

Return to Harry's Corner