New Direct Drive DIY coming

Re: New Direct Drive DIY coming

Postby Mat » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:09 pm

Most of them are back order and there are still the usual orders that are clearly for stock form the dealership. The HW-40 has been a product we have been trying to avoid dealership swelling their numbers up with to deprived other dealers the selling opportunity.

All that being said, we are a bit up in the air with pending orders that have been on hold in the Asia market. With what has been going on with the Coronavirus most of our Asia distribution is stuck in a holding pattern.

Regarding the future of our Direct Drive, you will be seeing it in more and more of our models. My main goal is to make sure it stays easy to drop in and follow our usual steps of backwards compatibility. Luckily our main machine shop partner is the same guy who helps us fabricate the old TNT's and he can't believe those models are still out there in the world. Then again, he isn't an audiophile with a TNT with the hopes to drop a direct drive into it ;)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby LarryRS » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Will the new DD be retrofittable to the Prime (or 2, since that's how many I have)?
LarryRS

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:39 am

That is the plan but Prime owners have it easier since the chassis can be easily re-drilled in the bearing hole area if it needs to be opened up a bit. We are working on a breakthrough idea for this but obviously Covid-19 is holding everything up.

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby LarryRS » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:07 pm

That's super. Put me down for two! Bought another very highly regarded DD table and returned it for a second Prime. It just sounded lifeless. I put that down to the rather pedestrian arm though - the JMW 10.5 unipivot is just magic in my system.
LarryRS

Postby LarryRS » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Any update on the direst drive DYI?
LarryRS

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:15 pm

It is coming but like everything else, Covid has played havoc with out suppliers leading to triple the normal delay in making things, especially the ones from California and Massachusetts. Bear with us, it is coming and it sounds amazing!

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby LarryRS » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:10 pm

Super. Really looking forward to it.
LarryRS

Postby dirmae » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:55 am

Also interested fo my VPI TNT
dirmae

Previous