Direct Sales from VPI

Re: Direct Sales from VPI

Postby madrac » Sat May 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Hey Vin

I tried the HW40 in place of the Classic feet on my TT. I, too, was using the Symposium inserts on a Segue Iso with the Classic feet. I used the Symposium inserts instead of the original rubber ones with the HW40 feet and placed directly on the Segue Iso. Still have excellent isolation / no feedback at higher volumes. I think the bass and soundstage are a bit better. For $200 after rebate, I think it was worth it. Plus, these feet look much better.
Classic 1 w/3D arm, VTA tower,periphery ring,PE Eagle & RR, HW16.5, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook,
Anthem MRX720, Rogue Atlas Magnum II, Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Rythmik E15HP,
Audio Sensibility, Blue Jeans ICs, Symposium & Isoacoustics
madrac

Postby VinBob » Sat May 30, 2020 7:33 pm

madrac wrote:Hey Vin

I tried the HW40 in place of the Classic feet on my TT. I, too, was using the Symposium inserts on a Segue Iso with the Classic feet. I used the Symposium inserts instead of the original rubber ones with the HW40 feet and placed directly on the Segue Iso. Still have excellent isolation / no feedback at higher volumes. I think the bass and soundstage are a bit better. For $200 after rebate, I think it was worth it. Plus, these feet look much better.

Hey Madrac,
Appreciate the feedback and good to know you have seen an improvement using on a Segue ISO platform. The thing that always makes me wonder, is the recommendation from Peter over at Symposium whom is very against using anything with rubber on the platform, as it breaks the synergy and design philosophy in using their product. But hey, if it works and there is an improvement to be had as you have kindly highlighted, then maybe one shouldn't get too caught up in the whole 'rubber is no good' with the Symposium stuff...

Cheers,
Vin.
VPI Prime | VAS Nova Special 0.4mV | SOTA Condor & Roadrunner | Sutherland 20/20 & LPS | Bryston BP-26/MPS-2 & 4B3 Cubed | Focal 826W Chorus V LE | Martin Logan Dynamo 800x | Auralic Altair G1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby fischerd » Sat May 30, 2020 10:48 pm

madrac wrote:Hey Vin

Isn't it $200 (after rebate) per foot? So you need 4 feet for the Classic turntable, so it is actually $800?
fischerd

Postby Mr_Putty » Sun May 31, 2020 1:34 am

No. With the rebate your total cost is $200 for four feet.
As I have mentioned before, I found the Prime cone and foot (no insert) useful under my CD player. So I will probably keep the old feet. Sometimes an experiment is worth the effort. YMMV
Mr_Putty

Postby madrac » Sun May 31, 2020 8:18 am

No worries, VinBob

Yes, I know Peter doesn't recommend anything rubber between the component and the platform. Perhaps the entire system would be more effective w/o the rubber on the bottom of the feet, but I'm not inclined to remove and experiment. Perhaps I'll take a look at the bottom of the footer - maybe there's a way to add some direct coupling to the Segue w/o removing the rubber. Perhaps with the Symposium inserts (eg a mini platform) and the construction of the HW40, there is good vibrational drainage and dissipation from the plinth, and the ISO helps by isolating airborne and/or vibration from floor upwards?
Classic 1 w/3D arm, VTA tower,periphery ring,PE Eagle & RR, HW16.5, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook,
madrac

Postby PopFugitive » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:37 am

Is shipping for direct sales only to the US? I'm in Hong Kong and would like to upgrade the feet on my Prime to HW-40 feet.
PopFugitive

Postby madrac » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:33 am

PopFugitive wrote:Is shipping for direct sales only to the US? I'm in Hong Kong and would like to upgrade the feet on my Prime to HW-40 feet.

You may want to email VPI directly and ask.
madrac

Postby Butch1970 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:30 pm

I'm was considering the Symposium inserts to use in the stock footers on my Classic Signature and debating the merits of going that way versus the new HW-40 feet. The table sits on a Solid Steel wall shelf. Any thoughts on which system - Symposium vs HW-40 - might work best in this setup? The new footers certainly look better and would also drop the overall height of the setup a bit.
Butch1970

Postby madrac » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:14 pm

I'm using the Symposium Inserts with the HW40 feet on my Classic. Sounds great. I've not tried the HW40 and stock inserts..just swapped the Symposium inserts when swapping feet. My table sits on a Segue Iso.
madrac

Postby Butch1970 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:52 am

madrac wrote:I'm using the Symposium Inserts with the HW40 feet on my Classic. Sounds great. I've not tried the HW40 and stock inserts..just swapped the Symposium inserts when swapping feet. My table sits on a Segue Iso.

Good to know! I've got a Segue Iso but I'm actually using it under a tube preamp, coupled with roller blocks and a Svelte Shelf and couplers under my CD player. I've thought about using a Symposium platform in place of the stock shelf on the SolidSteel and going with the stock Classic Sig feet with Symposium inserts, but I really don't want the table sitting any higher on the wall than it already is!

With the stock VPI feet and the SS Shelf I have absolutely NO problems with footfalls, even being up on the 2nd floor of the house. I'm just looking for a bit of sonic improvement if it's available by swapping the feet. Just wondering if I should be focusing more on coupling the table to the shelf and wall, or isolating/decoupling which the HW-40 footers seem designed to do. Thanks!
Butch1970

Previous

Return to Harry's Corner