Prime clamping post

Re: Prime clamping post

Postby Harry » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:46 pm

Are you trying to screw down further and that is why you need more thread because the recess is cut in there so you can screw down further. Remember the spindle has a straight on it with no thread so the record hole will fir it properly, if you have thread all the way down the clamp may not bottom out.

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby Mr_Putty » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Harry,
I understand the purpose you mention.
I want more threads (less recess) because I am testing other layers beneath the clamp that go on top of the record. A bit like trying to clamp two records at the same time. What I have is limiting my choices.
Mr_Putty

Postby Harry » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:08 am

Okay, i get it now. HW
Harry
Admin

Postby tony22 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:52 pm

Brf wrote:I believe the term you are looking for is threaded record spindle. No I have not owned a Harmonix record weight but it appears to be close to what you are attempring to achieve with the dime experiment.

The BDR clamp is my favourite reflex clamp and the Stillpoints LPI my favourite weight. I rarely use the clamp anymore.

Does anyone else using a LPI occasionally hear the little balls in there "clack" quietly as the record spins?
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Sussurro Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby vienna acoustics » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:41 am

tony22 wrote:
Brf wrote:I believe the term you are looking for is threaded record spindle. No I have not owned a Harmonix record weight but it appears to be close to what you are attempring to achieve with the dime experiment.

The BDR clamp is my favourite reflex clamp and the Stillpoints LPI my favourite weight. I rarely use the clamp anymore.

Does anyone else using a LPI occasionally hear the little balls in there "clack" quietly as the record spins?

I have never heard them. I am thinking that due to the constant centrifugal force and the constant angular velocity of the spinning clamp it makes it almost impossible for the balls to produce any audible sound
Amplifiers:Gryphon Pandora,Gryphon Mephisto Stereo,Gryphon Legato Legacy
Speakers;Vienna Acoustics,The Music, VPIAvengerReference/FatBoy12” Gimbal&Fatboy 12” unip/LPI Stillpoints,Lyra Etna, AT ART 1000DigitalAurenderN10, EMM DA2, Torus AVR
vienna acoustics

Postby Harry » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:21 pm

I love the LP-1 and use it when I do my 24-192 recordings

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby tony22 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:25 pm

vienna acoustics wrote:I have never heard them. I am thinking that due to the constant centrifugal force and the constant angular velocity of the spinning clamp it makes it almost impossible for the balls to produce any audible sound

Hmm. I occasionally hear it, but I'm very close to my TT.
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Sussurro Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Previous

Return to Harry's Corner