Klipsch and VPI cooperation

Re: Klipsch and VPI cooperation

Postby Jazzgene » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:20 pm

I am thinking of trying some Klipsch speakers with my 300b SET WE91a monoblocks. I just have to figure out how to make room for them in my NYC living space.
Jazzgene

Postby Tirebiter » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Oppps....I misspoke on the AG Model 5 amp....senior moment, meant 0.5 watt output, not 0.5 amp....sheesh....
TNT Jr, Graham Phantom III, ZYX Universe II LOMC, Tempo Electric Silver Phono Cable, Amazon B-lab Phonoamplifyer, Tom Evans - The Vibe, Lamm ML 2.1 Monoblocks, Avantgarde Duo Grosso....and a Thorens TD 160 Mk I in standby....
Tirebiter

Postby MMMC » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:21 am

vego99 wrote:I am quite fond of the Klipsch Heritage series of speaker.. Have heard many of them and would agree they are quite sensitive to the equipment feeding them.

Have considered going the K-Horn route but have been recently and seriously forgoing the k-horns for the 2-Way Jubilees.

Vego99,
For my own information;
Where are you finding a pair of Jubilees? It was my understanding that Klipsch was no longer manufacturing the Jubilee, but I had also read that some enthusiasts were building their own. I have never had the pleasure of a Jubilee audition but would love to.
Furthermore, just to be clear to everyone, I did not, and do not, claim the Klipshorn or any Klipsch speaker is "a perfect speaker", or "the perfect speaker", but properly powered, and properly setup, they can sound special. Because of the high acclaim garnered by the Magico speaker products, and they are California based, I plan to audition some of their speakers, and maybe I would be moved to own a pair, if, I could find a "used" model I could afford. That now said, maybe someone would like to begin a " The Best speakers I've heard post".

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby DeeCee » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 am

MMMC wrote:
vego99 wrote:I am quite fond of the Klipsch Heritage series of speaker.. Have heard many of them and would agree they are quite sensitive to the equipment feeding them.

Have considered going the K-Horn route but have been recently and seriously forgoing the k-horns for the 2-Way Jubilees.

Vego99,
For my own information;
Where are you finding a pair of Jubilees? It was my understanding that Klipsch was no longer manufacturing the Jubilee, but I had also read that some enthusiasts were building their own. I have never had the pleasure of a Jubilee audition but would love to.
Furthermore, just to be clear to everyone, I did not, and do not, claim the Klipshorn or any Klipsch speaker is "a perfect speaker", or "the perfect speaker", but properly powered, and properly setup, they can sound special. Because of the high acclaim garnered by the Magico speaker products, and they are California based, I plan to audition some of their speakers, and maybe I would be moved to own a pair, if, I could find a "used" model I could afford. That now said, maybe someone would like to begin a " The Best speakers I've heard post".

MMMC

No doubt! As I mentioned, they were the first high end speakers (k-horns) I heard that truly impressed me.
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby vego99 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:27 pm

MMMC wrote:

Vego99,
For my own information;

MMMC

MMMC,
The Jubilee is still alive and still currently being produced!! Here's the scoop. Right now the Jubilee is being sold as a 3-way behind the screen item through the Pro/Cinema Line. Paul Klipsch's engineering apprentice Roy Delgado has been moving forward with Paul's dream of a real 2-way Jubilee for home use and was given special permission to engineer & market the 2-way home audio versions by word of mouth only. There is alot of current info on the klipsch forums as well as a Facebook page " Just Jubilees" The page is run by a guy named Cory Harrison and has been working directly with Roy with getting these ordered and out to new clients. Side note: These are not plug and play speakers, no passive xover and will need to use a Active Xover with bi-amplification. Cory and Roy have a active xover solution with pre-loaded base settings to make it more of a plug and play rig.
Last edited by vego99 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Instagram @plattersofspinningplastic
MainRig: McIntosh C2300, VPI Aries 3D FE #28/30, Latino ST-120, Totem Forest, W4S DAC2, Sonos Connect, VPI 16.5
vego99

Postby vego99 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Current model utilizing the Jubilee bass bin and the K402 horn.
Attachments
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (63.92 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Instagram @plattersofspinningplastic
MainRig: McIntosh C2300, VPI Aries 3D FE #28/30, Latino ST-120, Totem Forest, W4S DAC2, Sonos Connect, VPI 16.5
vego99

Previous

Return to General Audio