Upgrade Prime Feet to Classic Signature?

Upgrade Prime Feet to Classic Signature?

Postby Dorian » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 pm

I see I can upgrade to the Classic Signsture feet for $399. Is there any sonic benefit to these over the standard Prime feet? Thanks.

https://www.musicdirect.com/vibration-c ... t-set-of-4
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Re: Upgrade Prime Feet to Classic Signature?

Postby jonathanb » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 pm

While Signature feet are necessary for handling the increased weight of a Prime Signature, Classic or Avenger, I think they may be overkill for a Prime. I'd stick with the Prime feet as they were designed specifically for that table.
jonathanb

Postby Stringreen » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 pm

I have a superscoutmaster, and can tell you after replacing the stock feet with Bearpaws......sure did make an improvement
Stringreen

Postby mmai » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 am

Stringreen wrote:I have a superscoutmaster, and can tell you after replacing the stock feet with Bearpaws......sure did make an improvement

+1
VPI 30th Anniversary Classic (fully tricked out); Audio Technica ART-9, AT-OC9ML/II & Denon DL-103SA; Aesthetix Rhea (modded to near Signature status)
mmai

Postby Cat5plus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Dorian, I have a set if you would like to try them. I would need you to cover the postage to NY (flat rate priority med size box I think) PM me if you like and I would be happy to send them to you. I f you decide to keep them I'm thinking $10.00 per foot would be fair.
VPI Classic Signature 3D, Lyra Titan i, Ortofon MC A90, Eagle, Roadrunner, Pass Labs X-1 pre, Pass Labs X ono Phono, Pass Labs X 250.5, dcs/Berkeley digital, B&W 805D, JL Audio Fathom sub, Cables: Nordost, Siltech.
Cat5plus

Postby Dorian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks for the comments guys and thanks for the offer Cat. On reflection I think I will just stick with the Prime feet for now.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Return to General Audio