Aluminum cleaner

Aluminum cleaner

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Is anyone aware of an aluminum cleaner that will leave a clean even finish without streaks? I've tried Harry's suggestion of Pledge Multi Surface. But no matter what I do I have streaks when done. I am not looking for a shiny mirror polish. Just no fingerprints and no streakiness.

Thanks
Letsmakeadeal

Re: Aluminum cleaner

Postby DonFrio » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:10 pm

wd40 is a terrible lubricant, but its a good polish. I also like the CLR stainless steel cleaner.
DonFrio

Postby Johnny » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Are you looking for a cleaner or a polish? Is it for your platter?
Johnny

Postby jonathanb » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Check out Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish.
jonathanb

Postby 10ovr » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Mite all so look at NEVR-DULL By EAGLE ONE,,Have been using for over 40 years on old and new motorcycles ,Works on all metals even glass,,,It;s a wadding polish,,,
10ovr

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Johnny wrote:Are you looking for a cleaner or a polish? Is it for your platter?

Yes -platter and flywheel....Just a cleaner. I have semichrome polish which works great as a polish for that super mirror finish but I am not really trying to polish in that way. The pledge works about 95% but I can still see some streaking when the platter spins.

I know I am being pretty anal here. :roll: would like a wipe on / wipe off product that leaves no residue if it exists. I need some cotton gloves and a few cotton baby diapers. That may do it in conjunction with the pledge?

Thanks for the suggestions.
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Letsmakeadeal

Postby jonathanb » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Simply wiping with a decent microfiber cloth should give you the results you seek.
jonathanb

Postby Beck » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:06 pm

10ovr wrote:Mite all so look at NEVR-DULL By EAGLE ONE,,Have been using for over 40 years on old and new motorcycles ,Works on all metals even glass,,,It;s a wadding polish,,,

+1 on Nevr-Dull.
Last edited by Beck on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prime #16-67| Dual Pivot | Ortofon Cadenza Black | ADS | Ayre P-5xe phono preamp, K-5xe preamp, and V-5xe amp | Audio Sensibility Statement SE interconnects and Testament speaker cables | Magneplanar 3.7i | Mapleshade audio rack
Beck

Postby MMMC » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:43 am

Letsmakeadeal wrote:
Johnny wrote:Are you looking for a cleaner or a polish? Is it for your platter?

Yes -platter and flywheel....Just a cleaner. I have semichrome polish which works great as a polish for that super mirror finish but I am not really trying to polish in that way. The pledge works about 95% but I can still see some streaking when the platter spins.

I know I am being pretty anal here. :roll: would like a wipe on / wipe off product that leaves no residue if it exists. I need some cotton gloves and a few cotton baby diapers. That may do it in conjunction with the pledge?

Thanks for the suggestions.

LMAD,

Another vote for Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish. It's what I use on my HRX platter after Brf's recommendation, and it's super easy to use; then to remove and buff with a micro fiber cloth. Easy, peasy! You can also go one step further with Mothers Billet Polish and a powered buffing cone for an extreme finish which is what you seem to imply you want by using the A word(anal).
Mothers 05106 Billet Metal Polish - 4 oz. $11.59 - Amazon.com
Mothers 05146 PowerCone Metal Polishing Tool $17.42 - Amazon.com

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:59 am

I actually want to preserve the natural machined finish without going too shiny. I know how to polish aluminum to a mirror finish but in this case that's not what I am trying to accomplish. Only looking for modest bling. It's pretty close as it now sits. I'll probably just leave it be for now.

Thanks again for all the feedback.
Letsmakeadeal

Next

Return to General Audio