Instructions for Furutech DeStat111?

Instructions for Furutech DeStat111?

Postby Gary1955 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Do you hold the record and move the DeStat around it, or place record on a spinning turntable, and how far from record surface do you hold it? I read someplace on line that better results were gained by holding record instead of placing on platter. I just got one and while the instructions tell you how to install batteries and how to turn it on etc., it does not say anything about how to actually use it on a record. Unbelievable. :o
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover, PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium preamp.
Gary1955

Re: Instructions for Furutech DeStat111?

Postby 10ovr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:35 am

Gary1955 wrote:Do you hold the record and move the DeStat around it, or place record on a spinning turntable, and how far from record surface do you hold it? I read someplace on line that better results were gained by holding record instead of placing on platter. I just got one and while the instructions tell you how to install batteries and how to turn it on etc., it does not say anything about how to actually use it on a record. Unbelievable. :o

I myself put the record on the TT ,Hold it about 1" above ,I also run it over the platter when I first fire up the TT ,
10ovr

Postby mreeter » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:32 am

10ovr wrote:
Gary1955 wrote:Do you hold the record and move the DeStat around it, or place record on a spinning turntable, and how far from record surface do you hold it? I read someplace on line that better results were gained by holding record instead of placing on platter. I just got one and while the instructions tell you how to install batteries and how to turn it on etc., it does not say anything about how to actually use it on a record. Unbelievable. :o

I myself put the record on the TT ,Hold it about 1" above ,I also run it over the platter when I first fire up the TT ,

The same procedure I use with the DeStat II model. I also turn off the power switch after each use, if not the batteries will drain rather quickly.
VPI Classic Signature SE
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
VAS Audio Citation II Monoblock Amps
Polk Audio SDA SRS 3.1TL
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun/Audio Sensibility Wires
mreeter

Postby babybird » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:40 pm

I have the first version of this device and seem to get better results by placing the record on the platter and while spinning hold the De Stat an inch or so hovering over the record. Works great.
babybird

Return to General Audio