Prime Feet Upgrade

Prime Feet Upgrade

Postby Dorian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Is upgrading the stock feet on a Prime worthwhile? If so, what do people recommend? I already upgraded the footer inserts to the Symposium ones, by the way.

Thanks.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Re: Prime Feet Upgrade

Postby Stringreen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:36 pm

I replaced the feet on my Superscoutmaster with BearPaws. ....a very great improvement. I've recommended these before, and those that installed them are very happy.
Stringreen

Postby Dorian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Stringreen wrote:I replaced the feet on my Superscoutmaster with BearPaws. ....a very great improvement. I've recommended these before, and those that installed them are very happy.

Thanks String. I'm not a fan of the gold look unfortunately. I see the same manufacturer also has a line called TerraStone - anyone have experience with those?
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Brf » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:19 pm

They are tough to find, but Black Diamond Racing thick pucks and cones work very well. I use a similar combination on my HRX before I switched to the pneumatic air suspension footers.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby thegage » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:45 am

Dorian wrote:Thanks String. I'm not a fan of the gold look unfortunately. I see the same manufacturer also has a line called TerraStone - anyone have experience with those?

Yes, I replaced HRX Mini Feet with Symposium inserts with the TerraCone footers (a little bit of gold, but kind of hidden underneath; I needed height adjustability). Both were/are used with the turntable sitting on a Symposium Ultra Platform. I didn’t like the Symposium inserts; can’t remember why exactly now, but trying to remember I think they transmitted more vibration than I expected, and kind of “whitened” the sound), but no problems with the TerraCones.

John K.
TNT 3, 10" 3D arm, Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star, Classic Platter, VPI Ring, Stillpoints LPI, TerraCones feet, Phoenix Eagle/Roadrunner, Moon 310LP, Parasound JC2, SMc DNA 0.5, GE Triton 2+, Grover Empress cables, SRA and Symposium Platforms
thegage

Postby Dorian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks gage. I actually have a Symposium Segue ISO on the way right now. Going to see how that sounds and then potentially upgrade the feet after that. You mentioned no problems with the TerraCones, but did you actually hear an improvement?
Dorian

Postby Stringreen » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Dorian....they are not gold - they're brass. You can black paint them or tape them if you want. I use them, and the difference is quite dramatic. ....better than their TerraStones
Stringreen

Return to General Audio