New Cuing Device and Dual Pivot Point

Re: New Cuing Device and Dual Pivot Point

Postby Brf » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:12 am

Stringreen wrote:Nope - I adjust only the screw for azimuth to make it right..I check the Foz. We'll see what happens tomorrow. The Loctite adjusting screw turns, but with force. I'm sure it's holding enough not to randomly change by itself.

Interesting, if the dual point screw is locked, so must be the azimuth. Try increasing the dual pivot point load as this will anchor the dual point from floating off the skate plate under heaving groove modulation and also reduce any contact chatter.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Stringreen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 pm

..just checked it today.....all is fine....finally.....
Stringreen

Postby Mat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 am

Hey all, I haven't been on here in a bit :/ but yes the arm lifters are all resolved now. So far (knock on wood) the current arm lifters are working without any problem. From the feedback from the forum members we were able to refine and trouble shoot all issues.

Also, after getting a great suggestion from a different form I'm considering changing the name of the "Dual Pivot" to a "Stabilizer adapter". Realistically that is exactly what it does, so it might be a more proper name/representative of what it is.

Thoughts on the name change? :)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby Mr_Putty » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:10 pm

The name change makes sense to me. I am curious if other materials were tried for the base plate?
Mr_Putty

Postby jonathanb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:44 am

Mat wrote:Also, after getting a great suggestion from a different form I'm considering changing the name of the "Dual Pivot" to a "Stabilizer adapter". Realistically that is exactly what it does, so it might be a more proper name/representative of what it is.

Thoughts on the name change? :)

How about Outboard Stabilizing Adapter?
jonathanb

Previous

Return to General Audio