Dr. Feikert Adjust Plus purchase

Re: Dr. Feikert Adjust Plus purchase

Postby edw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 pm

What external 24/96 sound card are you all using with the Adjust+ software?

I think the Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB is recommended for use with a laptop, but would like to find something with RCAs for both inputs and ouputs.
edw

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 pm

I am using the recommended SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB. Why couldn't you use that with a desktop? It works perfectly.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby edw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:25 pm

Reason being not wanting to use a 3.5mm TRS stereo input. The SoundBlaster has RCA outputs; dont know why it doesnt have RCA inputs.
edw

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:48 pm

You use an RCA to USB cable. RCAs plug into phono pre out, USB into the soundblaster (I think it’s USB in). It’s defintiely RCAs out of phono pre.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby edw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:05 pm

My understanding is that the laptop connects to the Soundblaster via USB and the Soundlaster connects to the phono pre via the Soundblaster's line in which is a 3.5mm TRS.
edw

Postby RHSims » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:46 pm

I use a ProStudio SBX.

The preamp to SBX is rca < - > rca. The SBX connects to the computer with a usb cable.

The SBX meets the Doctor’s specs and works perfectly.
RHSims

Postby edw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 pm

RHSims wrote:I use a ProStudio SBX.

The preamp to SBX is rca < - > rca. The SBX connects to the computer with a usb cable.

The SBX meets the Doctor’s specs and works perfectly.

Can you post a link; google doesn't come up with anything fruitful, othere than an external card.
edw

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:14 pm

edw wrote:My understanding is that the laptop connects to the Soundblaster via USB and the Soundlaster connects to the phono pre via the Soundblaster's line in which is a 3.5mm TRS.

You’re right, I just checked. Why are you so against the 3.5mm plug though? I can tell you from experience it works great.
Dorian

Postby edw » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 pm

Dorian wrote:
edw wrote:My understanding is that the laptop connects to the Soundblaster via USB and the Soundlaster connects to the phono pre via the Soundblaster's line in which is a 3.5mm TRS.

You’re right, I just checked. Why are you so against the 3.5mm plug though? I can tell you from experience it works great.

Don't want to use a converter plug and add another interface; solution may be ordering a Blue Jeans Cable MSA-1 male RCA to male 1/8" TRS/stereo.
edw

Postby RHSims » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Here is link. It is an external card.

https://us.creative.com/p/sound-cards/s ... premium-hd
RHSims

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio