Dr. Feikert Adjust Plus purchase

Re: Dr. Feikert Adjust Plus purchase

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:12 pm

Vin

I don't know how many degrees I've adjusted by, but I don't need to. I just move one square at a time on the CI and record that as whatever 'degree' I want so that it shows up on the chart that Adjust+ creates. Start with what looks like level using whatever means you like (I used an alignment block to align the top of cart to platter by eye).

This has definitely been discussed before here...
VPI Prime #959 | SoundSmith MIMC Star | iFi iPhono v2 (Herron VTPH-2A ordered) | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby VinBob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Dorian wrote:Vin

I don't know how many degrees I've adjusted by, but I don't need to. I just move one square at a time on the CI and record that as whatever 'degree' I want so that it shows up on the chart that Adjust+ creates. Start with what looks like level using whatever means you like (I used an alignment block to align the top of cart to platter by eye).

This has definitely been discussed before here...

Thanks mate and yes, will do a little searching on this to get some more usage info....
VPI Prime | Lyra Delos | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Moon 310LP/320S | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | B&W CM8 S2 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby dpb90 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:49 am

Hi

on my side I start by moving CI on one side far enough, then move by 1 block, until the cycle is finished and when I get the graph, i make a second pass near of where it should be right and I make another cycle by moving CI by less than one third of a block.I ended up with this :

"Timestamp: 07/061201711:12:26
L -> R: -24,7 dB 178° R -> L: -24,8 dB" 178°
Angle Mono LR: .0,5 dB"
VPI Prime, Nagra BPS, CI, Lyra Delos & AT ART9
dpb90

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 pm

dpb90 wrote:Hi

on my side I start by moving CI on one side far enough, then move by 1 block, until the cycle is finished and when I get the graph, i make a second pass near of where it should be right and I make another cycle by moving CI by less than one third of a block.I ended up with this :

I take the same approach. Great readings you got there!
VPI Prime #959 | SoundSmith MIMC Star | iFi iPhono v2 (Herron VTPH-2A ordered) | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby VinBob » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Dorian wrote:
dpb90 wrote:Hi

I take the same approach. Great readings you got there!

Great readings indeed and was that with your Lyra Delos?

When you say 'start by moving CI on one side far enough' what does that mean exactly? Also when you say 'second pass near where it should be right', not following that comment fully either. Also, when you say 'make another cycle', are you going through the same process as per the Adjust+ instructions but this time, simply moving the CI by less than one third of a block amounts for each degree change as a final check?

I guess this would all make more sense if one could visually see it and probably also when using the tool itself, but just curious here as I am real interested in exploring this and trying to get a read on how easy/difficult this will be...

Cheers,
Vin.
VPI Prime | Lyra Delos | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Moon 310LP/320S | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | B&W CM8 S2 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Vin - just get it already! Learn by doing. :D
Dorian

Postby VinBob » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Dorian wrote:Vin - just get it already! Learn by doing. :D

I hear ya man! :lol: Just want to get a better understanding on how to approach this from the get go, given that using the bubble level is not going to work per the Feickert video instructions when using the VPI uni-pivot arm... What can I tell you, I'm a project manager by trade and like to know what I am really getting into ahead of time... ;)
VinBob

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:05 pm

VinBob wrote:

I hear ya man! :lol: Just want to get a better understanding on how to approach this from the get go, given that using the bubble level is not going to work per the Feickert video instructions when using the VPI uni-pivot arm... What can I tell you, I'm a project manager by trade and like to know what I am really getting into ahead of time... ;)

I am also a Project Manager. We do Agile though - you must do Waterfall!

Adjust+ works. Period and full-stop.
Dorian

Postby VinBob » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Dorian wrote:
VinBob wrote:

I am also a Project Manager. We do Agile though - you must do Waterfall!

Adjust+ works. Period and full-stop.

I never questioned whether it works or not, just looking to better understand the method/approach you guys are taking as its obviously different to how Feickert instruct how to use the tool by use of the bubble level :roll:
VinBob

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 pm

VinBob wrote:I never questioned whether it works or not, just looking to better understand the method/approach you guys are taking as its obviously different to how Feickert instruct how to use the tool by use of the bubble level :roll:

This thread should give you everything you need: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6948&hilit=adjust+plus

Search is your friend...
Dorian

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio