Dr. Feikert Adjust Plus purchase

Re: Dr. Feikert Adjust Plus purchase

Postby VinBob » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Dorian wrote:Vin - That's audio out, not audio in (may or may not be the same, IDK). The bigger issue though is the virtualization software correctly passing the signal to windows. I tried it on my Macbook Pro Mid-2009 and it didn't work, so I went ahead and ordered the Sound Blaster USB card and that worked properly. Only $69. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044DEDCA/re ... SzbYP4VDYH

OP is planning on using a Windows machine though, so the Mac capabilities are a moot point for him.

Thanks Dorian and yes, it does also depend on how the virtualization software handles things. I assume there is one way to find out and if not, then I'll have to spring for the external sound card too which I was hoping to avoid. BTW, is there a test that you can perform from within Adjust+ to see if it is working as it needs to for this 24/96 sampling requirement?

EDIT: Just got this back from Chris...

Hmm,
well, I think it should - especially if you install Windows natively using Bootcamp. Then it will run...

So maybe not as a VM but bootcamp may do the trick - I guess nothing to lose by trying it...

Cheers,
Vincenzo.
VPI Prime | Lyra Delos | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Moon 310LP/320S | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | B&W CM8 S2 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby jmcox » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 am

Dorian, in the post previous where you utilized Adjust + to set azimuth could the correct set have also been -.5 ??
VPI Avenger/Transfiguration Proteus, VAS Nova .25 LO, Paradox Pulse 103R/Ring Clamp/SDS/EAR MC4 SUT/Manley Chinook SE phono/Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamp/McIntosh MC 40 mono blocks/VPI 299D/Ampsandsound Cornscallas/Kimber Select all cables
jmcox

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:11 am

Dr Feickert replied and he said my optimal setting would be -0.6 in that diagram.
Last edited by Dorian on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby dpb90 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 am

jmcox wrote:Dorian, in the post previous where you utilized Adjust + to set azimuth could the correct set have also been -.5 ??

Hi

I've using Adjust plus on my MacBook Pro without any trouble, I run the program through WMware and Windows 7,
the audio interface recommended by Dr Feickert is inexpensive and approved, however I had a better USB one that I used (Focusrite)
Just one thing to take care of is to insert both the USB dongle and the USB audio interface after you've launched windows, otherwise it is connected to the Mac but
by Windows, when you plug in a message ask you if you want Mac or Windows.
Then everything is running fine.
Regarding the the spirit level provided, it seems fine but it is not usable on the VPI arm.
The best and easiest way I found was to use the CI accessory, it is very convenient and allow for very small adjustment.
The process is a bit long the first time, but I did it much quicker when I recently change my cartridge.
VPI Prime, Nagra BPS, CI, Lyra Delos & AT ART9
dpb90

Postby Brf » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 am

dpb90 wrote:Regarding the the spirit level provided, it seems fine but it is not usable on the VPI arm.

If you use the dual pivot this is no longer a problem.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby dpb90 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 am

Brf wrote:
dpb90 wrote:Regarding the the spirit level provided, it seems fine but it is not usable on the VPI arm.

Maybe I don't have it but the fact is the supporting part of the arm for the cartridge make useless the use of the level.
VPI Prime, Nagra BPS, CI, Lyra Delos & AT ART9
dpb90

Postby Brf » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 am

dpb90 wrote:
Brf wrote:

Maybe I don't have it but the fact is the supporting part of the arm for the cartridge make useless the use of the level.

The dual point now controls/stabilizes the azimuth of the tonearm/cartridge interface. Since the dual pivot constrains the movement of the tonearm in the horizontal plane, you can now apply the level on the head shell since the tonearm is not longer allowed to freely move around the horizontal axis (which is a problem with a unconstrained uni-pivot)
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:23 pm

You don't need the level if you have a counter-intuitive.
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby VinBob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Brf wrote:

When using the level for Adjust+ measurement, does one have to back off the VTA to compensate, as you wouldn't want to put a great load on the cantilever correct?
VPI Prime | Lyra Delos | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Moon 310LP/320S | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | B&W CM8 S2 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby VinBob » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Dorian wrote:You don't need the level if you have a counter-intuitive.

Hey Dorian,

When using the CI to make the 0.5 degree changes, how many blocks on the CI does that equate to based on your experience? Also, do you start with the CI centered so not favoring one side or the other on the counterweight? Just curious as to how you use it if not using the bubble level to know how many degrees you have adjusted +/- by...

Cheers,
Vin.
VinBob

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio